a Someone should care, maybe not you....: Confederate currency???? .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Someone should care, maybe not you....

My thoughts on many things including the army, war, politics, the military corrections system, chaos, life, books, movies, and why there is no blue food. Feel free to comment on what I say. Feedback is nice.

My Photo
Name:

40+ year old former teacher, linguist, interrogator, soldier, and lastly convict. We all do stupid things every once and awhile. I am an economic conservative and a firm believer in civil rights. Starting a new life now and frankly not sure what I am going to be doing.

09 November 2005

Confederate currency????

The whole Confederate Flag issue in my neighboring state of South Carolina has taken an interesting turn. A couple of weeks ago I was over in SC and when I came back and looked at the change in my pocket I found this.


Now the first thing I thought was "HUH?" then I realized what had been done. Someone had taken a die and impressed the confederate Battle Flag onto the South Carolina quarter. My brother suggested that perhaps someone did that to protest the fact that SC uses the flag, but then agreed that it is much more likely that someone did it to declare the flag is a part and parcel of South Carolina history and culture and will not go away.
At any rate I though it was interesting. I am curious as to how many of them they did? Is this unique or are there more floating around out there? Take a look at your change and if you see one I'd like to hear about it.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

One word: eBay.

There's got to be a collector that would be interested. And you don't want to wait until the maker cranks them out by the thousand...

2:53 PM  
Blogger exMI said...

I have actually considered that. And I may do it yet.

If anyone out there feels the NEED to own this, make me an offer....
:)

4:18 PM  
Blogger The Zombieslayer said...

Somebody probably did that. I'm sure I had that quarter and didn't notice the flag.

9:32 PM  
Blogger Ben O. said...

That is interesting - I wonder if that constitutes an illegal action. I'm quite sure the guy doesn't care.

I like the state quarters - pretty cool observation.

Ben O.

10:22 AM  
Blogger Ben O. said...

exmi - I will give ya 2 dimes, 4 pennies and another penny for it.

Ben O.

8:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! business insurance How to flash a graphics card dirty stories Proscan camcorder fishing gifts Natural models ls magazine Upper buns weight loss Generic keyword neurontin United kingdom no fee refinancing loans formatting the hard drive with windows xp Breast augmentation in philly Cardiovascular and cholesterol Plastic surgery in virginia beach Cctv video cards

7:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home