a Someone should care, maybe not you....: interesting site .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Someone should care, maybe not you....

My thoughts on many things including the army, war, politics, the military corrections system, chaos, life, books, movies, and why there is no blue food. Feel free to comment on what I say. Feedback is nice.

My Photo
Name:

40+ year old former teacher, linguist, interrogator, soldier, and lastly convict. We all do stupid things every once and awhile. I am an economic conservative and a firm believer in civil rights. Starting a new life now and frankly not sure what I am going to be doing.

30 June 2005

interesting site

I was out surfing the web this morning and came across an interesting site.

www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/afghanistan/bagram.htm


You get a nice history of the Bagram area explaining why it is such a hell hole now. Being a major battlefield for several years tends to turn a place into one. The site also has several satellite pictures of the airfield. All Pre-US occupation but it is still easy to see what is what. I could easily pick out where I worked. Of course if you were to see such a pic now it would be hard to believe it is the same place. Things were being built there so fast that I was amazed at the difference between when I got there and when I left. (But remember, it isn't a permanent base.....)
This site has alot of good information on alot of places.

While I'm thinking about Afghanistan, let's have a quiet moment for those guys who died near Assadabad. I've ridden choppers into the Hindu Kush, luckily nobody shot at me while I was doing it. Sometimes the coin comes up tails.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home