a Someone should care, maybe not you....: New link .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Someone should care, maybe not you....

My thoughts on many things including the army, war, politics, the military corrections system, chaos, life, books, movies, and why there is no blue food. Feel free to comment on what I say. Feedback is nice.

My Photo
Name:

40+ year old former teacher, linguist, interrogator, soldier, and lastly convict. We all do stupid things every once and awhile. I am an economic conservative and a firm believer in civil rights. Starting a new life now and frankly not sure what I am going to be doing.

07 August 2005

New link

I have added a new link. I realize this may not be a momentous occasion for you but this is a blog that is well worth reading. Michael Yon is an independent journalist operating in Iraq. This blog is where he reports, his OnLine Magazine. I have read a bit of it and it is good. Those who are in favor of what we are doing there and those who are opposed should read this interesting new voice. He certainly brings things to you at a level that the regualr press does not.

I admit I am curious as to how Mr. Yon got his press credentials and managed to get to Iraq and apparently embedded with a US unit. The military doesn't let just anyone travel with the troops. I will be doing some research on that and will get back to you if I learn anything interesting.
Meanwhile, read....

PS If you feel up to a gut wrenching read go to this post on his blog. The photo I was going to post the photo that goes with the link but you will see it there.

6 Comments:

Blogger Forzavryheid said...

I dont have much time, and ill read the blog later, just wanted to show i checked in.

Ill comment later!

10:24 AM  
Blogger exMI said...

Most of the soldiers I have talked to that have met Geraldo Rivera have NOT been impressed at all. But it helps to be backed by major networks.....

4:32 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

exMI..The story of the little girl was really sad. I have a few friends in Iraq right now. One of them is a medic...So far the worst thing hes had to deal with is a few minor issues...I hope for his sake and thos of his friends its stays that way.

7:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm always struck by how different are the blogs from those who were or are there, and the regular TV and newspaper reports.

8:24 PM  
Blogger Jenn Doll said...

I'm just checking in too. I wanna be like Adrian.

No, really, I'm at work and can't comment right now. OR like a real comment anyhow.

12:58 AM  
Blogger --Blue Girl said...

Heartbreaking.

1:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home