a Someone should care, maybe not you....: A Travesty of Justice...... .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Someone should care, maybe not you....

My thoughts on many things including the army, war, politics, the military corrections system, chaos, life, books, movies, and why there is no blue food. Feel free to comment on what I say. Feedback is nice.

My Photo
Name:

40+ year old former teacher, linguist, interrogator, soldier, and lastly convict. We all do stupid things every once and awhile. I am an economic conservative and a firm believer in civil rights. Starting a new life now and frankly not sure what I am going to be doing.

26 August 2005

A Travesty of Justice......

Ok, the city government of New London Conn is sinking to a new low. After succesfully getting the Supreme court to agree that they can sieze the homes of citizens for a private development the city has come up with a new idea. They are charging the losers rent. That is right, they have decided to charge the families that are being thrown out of their homes rent for living in city property since 2000 when the original condemnation took place. One of the residents who owns 4 houses is being charged $6100 per each month of the last five years. To add insult to that injury, they are saying they will pay the fair market value of the properties as required by law, but that they will pay the fair market value of 2000, not of 2005. Think if you will about how much property values have gone up since 2000. So the city is going to pay them ancient prices, then take the money they pay them back in the form of "use and occupancy payments" (i.e. rent)
Talk about unmitigated GALL!

Here is a link to an article detailing what is going on. A New (London) Low

Just when I think I can't be further disgusted by an act of government something like this happens.
Just remember folks, the Government is here to help you. Spare me God.......

4 Comments:

Blogger The Zombieslayer said...

I think it's time to whip out some guns. I'll help with their lawyer fees.

1:20 PM  
Blogger Gunngirl said...

You have got to be kidding me! If those people don't have it, they can't get it. Who can pay that just out of the blue?

Greedy bastards.

2:27 PM  
Blogger Three Score and Ten or more said...

An ongoing part of the only act of domestic terrorism that was ever completed in collusion with the United States Supreme Court.

3:15 PM  
Blogger exMI said...

I wish I was kidding. I heard it on a radio show out of Nashville last night on my way home after watching Sin City and Bride and Prejudice. (strange mix there huh?)I promptly Googled to see if I could get confirmation on the story and there was the article. There is a part of me that agrees with you ZS. If it was my house.....
LRon made a bundle ZL, as a Lama you are already started along the route....

7:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home