a Someone should care, maybe not you....: Something you may not know about Afghanistan .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Someone should care, maybe not you....

My thoughts on many things including the army, war, politics, the military corrections system, chaos, life, books, movies, and why there is no blue food. Feel free to comment on what I say. Feedback is nice.

My Photo
Name:

40+ year old former teacher, linguist, interrogator, soldier, and lastly convict. We all do stupid things every once and awhile. I am an economic conservative and a firm believer in civil rights. Starting a new life now and frankly not sure what I am going to be doing.

22 August 2005

Something you may not know about Afghanistan

The Rape of the Past
Just go read it. I may comment on it later but really, the article sums it up pretty well.

3 Comments:

Blogger The Zombieslayer said...

I was really pissed about the whole Buddha thing, but the other stuff is just as sad, being too poor to take care of even the Mosques. That architecture's amazing, and what will the upcoming generations say about how they let it all go to rot?

8:09 PM  
Blogger Stephalupogus said...

This is just down right depressing. I hate knowing that so many beautiful pieces of architecture are now nothing more than rubble.

Though you spend far too much time playing and should start being productive! Nag! Nag! Nag!

9:43 AM  
Blogger Shawn said...

Even a resilient people can only take so much...I wonder if the Afghans have lost too much of their past to ever reclaim it or can the losses be stopped before it's all gone? It's sad that so much has already been erased for no reasons at all but ignorance, hate and neglect.

8:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home