a Someone should care, maybe not you....: A Sign of Change .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Someone should care, maybe not you....

My thoughts on many things including the army, war, politics, the military corrections system, chaos, life, books, movies, and why there is no blue food. Feel free to comment on what I say. Feedback is nice.

My Photo
Name:

40+ year old former teacher, linguist, interrogator, soldier, and lastly convict. We all do stupid things every once and awhile. I am an economic conservative and a firm believer in civil rights. Starting a new life now and frankly not sure what I am going to be doing.

22 September 2005

A Sign of Change

As I was driving up to my parents house this afternoon I saw two guys pushing a stalled SUV out of the intersection ahead of me. It is a bit of a difficult push because in the direction they had to go there is an uphill grade. (I have helped push cars there before.) Suddenly another SUV pulls over ahead of them and three girls (okay, young women) jump out, run back and help the two guys push the vehicle up the slope and out of the road. When they are out of the road, the girls shake hands with the guys, high five each other and jump back into their vehicle and zoom away.

7 Comments:

Blogger The Zombieslayer said...

That's pretty cool. A few weeks ago, someone left their SUV in the middle of the road and caused a traffic backup. :p

4:50 PM  
Blogger Jenn Doll said...

I've done this on several occasions. Helped a man by myself once.

Haha, Lama. I got your sheep. =P

1:49 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

LOL girls can help too...I can change a tire..I dont like it but I can do it...
Im with Jenn on the sheep thing..lol

10:13 PM  
Blogger Stephalupogus said...

Sorry, but as a true princess type, I will continue to supervise. Though I will cheer the moor athletically and enthusiastic types on and supply gatoraid and whatever else they desire. Men, well, you might be on your own unless I like you. You are just being manly after all & that gets rather stereotypical and not worthy of acknowledgement.
(snickering with great glee)
And MY NEST will continue to come straight from the fairy tale, thank you, not your weird dream where you named my poor nest Fred of all things. And yes, it is still bothering me.

7:44 AM  
Blogger exMI said...

I'm not sure what brought on the nest reference but it was Floyd that you called it in the dream.
(Don't ask folks, it is wierd....)

7:31 PM  
Blogger Stephalupogus said...

I think it makes perfect sense, but then my check book is currently screaming & I am at work, so what do I know. And I still say it was Fred, not Floyd.

3:54 PM  
Blogger 11181955 said...

I also have done this in the middle of the winter many a time, and want to complain about something I live in a mid-size town in Idaho, And have watched grown men just drive bye and not stop to offer help, when women or children are pushing a car stuck in the snow or what ever. I know men say we want our rights too. But what ever happened to the act of kindness?

9:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home