a Someone should care, maybe not you....: Two cool things .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Someone should care, maybe not you....

My thoughts on many things including the army, war, politics, the military corrections system, chaos, life, books, movies, and why there is no blue food. Feel free to comment on what I say. Feedback is nice.

My Photo
Name:

40+ year old former teacher, linguist, interrogator, soldier, and lastly convict. We all do stupid things every once and awhile. I am an economic conservative and a firm believer in civil rights. Starting a new life now and frankly not sure what I am going to be doing.

16 November 2005

Two cool things

A while back I did a very brief post called Battle Armor. It concerned an new power assisted exoskeleton to help the elderly walk and carry things. (yeah right) It is called the Hybrid Assistive Limb (HAL) and it is out there and fairly expensive (14-19K)

HAL by Cyberdine
I am sure the army is looking at this stuff hard.
This company ignored all of the American bad movie mojo, they have a computerized device they call HAL and they call themselves Cyberdyne. Maybe it will be a robot plague instead of Zombies.

The other cool thing is a new experimental vehicle from Toyota. I'm not sure I'd want to drive this down the interstate (it only goes 25mph) but around town would be fun. Or if I lived in a Big City (San Fran or NYC)

I-Unit

Looks like the anime world is approaching faster all the time. COOL

(These items were mentioned in Time Magazines Amazing Inventions of 2005. Along with a cloned dog, a hydrogen powered motorcycle, and a variety of interesting little things.)

3 Comments:

Blogger The Zombieslayer said...

Maybe it will be a robot plague instead of Zombies.

Don't worry, the anti-zombie compound is ready for both. :p

8:25 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

I'm sure the Army is looking at it. If there is a gadget to waste money on they will. Money that could be used for training.

4:59 AM  
Blogger exMI said...

Power assited armor that worked would be quite nice. I would have enjoyed it a few times walking up a mountain in Afghanistan.

10:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home