a Someone should care, maybe not you....: Derivative news. .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Someone should care, maybe not you....

My thoughts on many things including the army, war, politics, the military corrections system, chaos, life, books, movies, and why there is no blue food. Feel free to comment on what I say. Feedback is nice.

My Photo
Name:

40+ year old former teacher, linguist, interrogator, soldier, and lastly convict. We all do stupid things every once and awhile. I am an economic conservative and a firm believer in civil rights. Starting a new life now and frankly not sure what I am going to be doing.

03 December 2010

Derivative news.

I am guessing that some of you have noticed the derivative nature of the news today. Let us look for example at the wikileaks thing that is making such big headlines right now: Seven big headlines to be exact. Qaddafi has a blonde Ukrainian nurse, we are spying on each other in the UN, Karzai is paranoid, King Abdullah thinks we should cut the head off the Iranian serpent, Angela Merkel is Teflon and risk adverse, Jordan thinks Iran is an Octopus, and Karzai’s brother really doesn’t seem to know how much we watch him. Every news source out there seems to be repeating these same seven stories. Which lead to one of two conclusions, Either: A. These are the only interesting bits of information in that whole mess. Or B. Everyone is copying the work of one reporter who wrote a story. (Odds are it was a guy from the NY Times.)

My guess is B. It is really sad and a bit pathetic that this is seemingly the best our news organizations are capable of now.


Ok, I wrote this a couple of days ago but despite more stories coming out I stand by what I said. New information comes out and everyone talks about the same thing. There is one guy somewhere who reads these things and then everyone else in the media jumps on what he (or she) says.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home