a Someone should care, maybe not you....: I just can't do it...... .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Someone should care, maybe not you....

My thoughts on many things including the army, war, politics, the military corrections system, chaos, life, books, movies, and why there is no blue food. Feel free to comment on what I say. Feedback is nice.

My Photo
Name:

40+ year old former teacher, linguist, interrogator, soldier, and lastly convict. We all do stupid things every once and awhile. I am an economic conservative and a firm believer in civil rights. Starting a new life now and frankly not sure what I am going to be doing.

31 August 2010

I just can't do it......

The President is about to give a speech in which he will announce success in Iraq and probably claim credit for ending the war successfully. I am not going to watch it. I can't. When you consider that if he had had his way we would have crawled, no, not crawled, fled with our tails between our legs out of Iraq about four years ago his claiming success is just more than I care to hear. There is a limit to the amount hypocrisy I can deal with at any one time and that would be way over the line.

1 Comments:

Blogger opit said...

'Success in Iraq' would depend on whose metrics you follow.
The Kurds effectively have their own state, complicating any hope Baghdad might have of control, already hopelessly compromised by the effects of Bremer's 100 Orders and the Iraq Military Agreement. http://www.afsc.org/Iraq/ht/display/ContentDetails/i/71012
DU as in Fallujah will continue to spread and wreck DNA. Upstream, water has been cut off to Iraq, further decimating Iraqi agriculture - after Monsanto finished clearing out the heritage seed stocks of thousands of years of selective breeding.
Did you watch YouTube - Cheney '94: Invading Baghdad Would Create Quagmire www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BEsZMvrq-I yet ?
You weren't impressed much with Post-Saddam Iraq when I pointed it out to you some time ago. Yet Bush/Cheney/Rumsfeld/PNAC have had their way.
Obama claim credit ? Why not ? Who do you think he works for ?
Perhaps those who thought 'Support the Troops' meant keeping them fit and prepared to defend the USA will give you a 'heads up.' It's beyond me.

7:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home