a Someone should care, maybe not you....: Good news! .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Someone should care, maybe not you....

My thoughts on many things including the army, war, politics, the military corrections system, chaos, life, books, movies, and why there is no blue food. Feel free to comment on what I say. Feedback is nice.

My Photo
Name:

40+ year old former teacher, linguist, interrogator, soldier, and lastly convict. We all do stupid things every once and awhile. I am an economic conservative and a firm believer in civil rights. Starting a new life now and frankly not sure what I am going to be doing.

02 September 2005

Good news!

Well, I was doing research preparatory to writing a follow up story on John Horne, the Army SSgt who was sentenced to three years in prison for a mercy killing. You can find my original story on SSGT Horne here. In this follow up my intention was to compare Horne’s story with a report in the press of the incident that was highly critical of Horne and the army and to examine the differences in the story and try to reconcile the issues. Instead I came across some very good news. Maj. Gen. Peter Chiarelli, commander of the 1st Cavalry Division at Fort Hood, Texas has just reduced Horne’s sentence and he will be getting out of prison on the 14 of September. This is not as good as a pardon but it is a big step in the right direction. Hopefully while doing this they dropped some of the charges against him and he will not have to go through life with a murder rap following him. I haven’t found any details on that yet but I will keep looking and let you know.
Here is a link to the article in the Raleigh Durham News & Observer talking about it. It is nice to have some good news every once in awhile.

For further info check this webpage www.freessgjohnny.com or email susanajjames@yahoo.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home