a Someone should care, maybe not you....: No updates over the weekend .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Someone should care, maybe not you....

My thoughts on many things including the army, war, politics, the military corrections system, chaos, life, books, movies, and why there is no blue food. Feel free to comment on what I say. Feedback is nice.

My Photo
Name:

40+ year old former teacher, linguist, interrogator, soldier, and lastly convict. We all do stupid things every once and awhile. I am an economic conservative and a firm believer in civil rights. Starting a new life now and frankly not sure what I am going to be doing.

29 September 2005

No updates over the weekend

I am going to be off in Mississippi or Louisiana with a volunteer group from my church doing hurricane cleanup. Everyone have fun a be safe.

Here is a pic fopr you to look at. Afghan children. Whenever I had to ask myself "what the hell am I doing here?" I could think of these kids and others like them here and there, and in Iraq. They are why I think we need to be there.

3 Comments:

Blogger 11181955 said...

I too feel bad when I watch a tv-show or see a picture with children like this on them. But why do people always show us children starving in other counties? When we have and still have so many children and famlies already living like this for years. I myself don't feel people show the world enough how poor America is. If you dis-agree try looking in the homeless shelters and soup kitchens.

9:08 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

Thank you, I appreciate you.

5:27 AM  
Blogger The Zombieslayer said...

Wonderful you're helping out. :)

I think those clothes those kids are wearing are neat. Always nice to see a culture that wears its cultures clothes instead of our boring clothing.

2:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home