a Someone should care, maybe not you....: Some interesting thought on the Miers nomination .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Someone should care, maybe not you....

My thoughts on many things including the army, war, politics, the military corrections system, chaos, life, books, movies, and why there is no blue food. Feel free to comment on what I say. Feedback is nice.

My Photo
Name:

40+ year old former teacher, linguist, interrogator, soldier, and lastly convict. We all do stupid things every once and awhile. I am an economic conservative and a firm believer in civil rights. Starting a new life now and frankly not sure what I am going to be doing.

13 October 2005

Some interesting thought on the Miers nomination

This is on one of the blogs I read regularly (well, as regularly as he posts)
It is an interesting view from a Libertarian.
Miers Post

My personal thoughts on the nomination are pretty neutral. I see no overwhelming reason why she should or shouldn't be confirmed. I confess it does have a tinge of "cronyism" but every President indulges himself in that nasty little habit. "To the winner goes the spoils" as they say. But then, it seems her name was on Harry Reid's list of acceptable people.
I am amused by the fact that both the left and the right seem equally nonplussed by her nomination.
Threescore and ten may have a point here...... Supreme Court

1 Comments:

Blogger The Zombieslayer said...

I confess it does have a tinge of "cronyism" but every President indulges himself in that nasty little habit.

That's an understatement. It's complete cronyism. There are so many capable candidates. If she's the best Bush can find, he's not looking very hard.

If I were running the show, I'd nominate Janice Brown from California. From what I know about her, she's awesome. She also has experience and a judicial history, unlike Miers.

We really have nothing to judge Miers with. Bush pretty much says "trust me." sorry, Mr. Pres. Trust me is not enough.

4:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home