a Someone should care, maybe not you....: Sated? .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Someone should care, maybe not you....

My thoughts on many things including the army, war, politics, the military corrections system, chaos, life, books, movies, and why there is no blue food. Feel free to comment on what I say. Feedback is nice.

My Photo
Name:

40+ year old former teacher, linguist, interrogator, soldier, and lastly convict. We all do stupid things every once and awhile. I am an economic conservative and a firm believer in civil rights. Starting a new life now and frankly not sure what I am going to be doing.

30 November 2005

Sated?

Well the great feed is over. Or at least round one is. :) I enjoyed it. I can understand Babs desire for eating something else. If Pilau was all you had everyday it would get old. For us it was a treat, we'd get permission to send our interpreters into the village outside Bagram airbase and they would return with local food. It was always great.
Hope the rest of you had great feasts and times too. Serena, I'm sorry you have no place to prepare a good feed. (In France, the land of ego food, they don't supply kitchens in your dorms? Horrors.)

I haven't posted during the holiday although I have been working on a post that is taking longer to put together than I expected it too. It should be interesting when I get it done. I am also doing some research on other terrorist type groups out there to do future reports on.
As for current events, well I see some little group of Peace advocates had people get kidnapped in Iraq. They are of course blaming the US and the UK for it. The "Christian Peace Teams" wander around in areas that are very dangerous and blame the US/UK when bad things happen. hmmmm Well I guess they have the overall point that if we hadn't invaded they would not have been allowed into the country so they couldn't have gotten kidnapped. So yeah, I guess it is our fault. Not our fault they are idealistic fools though.
The TSA is going to allow airline passengers to carry small tools and short scissors onto planes again. Those and nail clippers were always such a huge threat.... Bet they won't allow my Leatherman yet though......
On the Iraq front, well at least one Democratic leader knows the truth and isn't afraid to say it. Joe Lieberman states "...but the cost for America of failure in Iraq would be catastrophic - for America, for the Iraqi people and I believe for the world."

2 Comments:

Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

I would be dissapointed in you if you didn't mention MS-13. When I was in Seattle this summer, I saw a Gerber Tool go in the trash because the boy forgot he had it on him.

6:27 PM  
Blogger Serena said...

I have an unhealthy dependence on my Leatherman. It was the first thing I packed when I hopped the pond.

6:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home