a Someone should care, maybe not you....: Priorities???? .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Someone should care, maybe not you....

My thoughts on many things including the army, war, politics, the military corrections system, chaos, life, books, movies, and why there is no blue food. Feel free to comment on what I say. Feedback is nice.

My Photo
Name:

40+ year old former teacher, linguist, interrogator, soldier, and lastly convict. We all do stupid things every once and awhile. I am an economic conservative and a firm believer in civil rights. Starting a new life now and frankly not sure what I am going to be doing.

15 December 2005

Priorities????

I was watching the one of the morning shows today for some strange reason. (the one with Katie Couric whichever channel that is)nad they were making a big deal over some survey done by New York Magazine with 100 teens and 100 parents of teens. (not the same kids parents) The survey was about sex (no big surprise there huh)
Now there were some answers in there that could be cause for concern. But the one that the hosts were making a BIG deal about was "Have you ever had a sexual conversation on the internet with a stranger?" 25% of the teens said yes. 3% of the parents thought their kids had. This was of greater concern to these hosts than the fact that 29% had sexual intercourse without a condom, 61% had received oral sex, 51% performed oral sex, (who's giving that extra 10%?), and 55% had had intercourse.
Now maybe it is just me but I think all of those are a bit more important than if the kid has a chat with someone in outer slobonia "of a sexual nature". Of even greater concern might be the 15% who take pictures while having sex, and the 7% who have had someone else watching while they had sex.
But hey, the INTERNET (insert creepy sound effects) is the big thing. oooooooo.
grump.

Here is a link to the survey. Survey

4 Comments:

Blogger Jenn Doll said...

Figures. This is why I despise "news."

8:24 PM  
Blogger Serena said...

Few people make me violent like Katie Couric does.

"grump" LOL!

1:57 AM  
Blogger Gunngirl said...

15% take pictures and 61% have given oral sex? It's only been about 12 years since I was teen, but I'm still surprised.

Jef-I agree! And I think schools need to be more open about giving sex advice/condoms, whatever. Face it, no one is discussing sex with their parents. It's all at school.

9:31 AM  
Blogger The Zombieslayer said...

Wow. Sounds about the same as when I was growing up when it comes to stats.

Isn't there any real news out there?

8:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home