a Someone should care, maybe not you....: Hail Hail, the gangs all here .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Someone should care, maybe not you....

My thoughts on many things including the army, war, politics, the military corrections system, chaos, life, books, movies, and why there is no blue food. Feel free to comment on what I say. Feedback is nice.

My Photo
Name:

40+ year old former teacher, linguist, interrogator, soldier, and lastly convict. We all do stupid things every once and awhile. I am an economic conservative and a firm believer in civil rights. Starting a new life now and frankly not sure what I am going to be doing.

31 January 2006

Hail Hail, the gangs all here

Well, really no one is here but it made a good title. Last night I saw sitting watching the TV and the lightning flashing outside when I heard a series of rattles and thumps and realized that hail was falling on my house. And on my car. I quickly donned a jacket and ran outside to move my vehicle to some shelter under the spreading boughs of a mighty oak and ran back to the house. Along the way I picked up the whole ravening dog pack which was uniformly unhappy about thunder, lightning, and ice falling from the sky. They came in with me. There was much rejoicing (except among the cats). I gathered some of the hail and took a picture.

It isn't huge golf ball sized hail but it was interesting.

On a different topic, 3score did a very interesting bit of research into the whole domestic spying/wiretapping thing. Go and read and join the conversation.
There is some interesting conversation going on about the Hamas election victory over at United We Lay.
And theZombieslayer is making an impassioned plea for people to spank their unruly children.

Hey, my post may not be substantive, but I can at least refer you to something good.

4 Comments:

Blogger Three Score and Ten or more said...

Big hail. We jad wind and rain earlier this week (as usual) but no rain. I just want to see some nights below freezing so that I will get some peaches on my peach trees.

8:33 AM  
Blogger The Zombieslayer said...

Thanks for the shout out.

Unfortunately, I no longer go to PC's blog. Had a stalker follow me there and I'm just tired of his crap. I'm sure her post was well-written too. I actually liked her.

I'll check out 3Score's post though.

11:08 PM  
Blogger exMI said...

3score - it is February, I expect the freezing is coming.

ZS - really? who was this loon and are they still hanging around? (Just curious you know. You just missed the ever eloquent DHG saying that in his mind there is no difference between accidently killing civilians and deliberately targeting them. so I guess you haven't missed that much....

Vehicle recovery - ????? Spam I guess, I'll delete you soon.

6:23 AM  
Blogger exMI said...

Oh, the cliche. He sounds so much like a cheap movie character it is hard not to laugh sometimes. Ever since he declared there is no difference between accidently killing someone and deliberately murdering them I ignore him.

7:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home