a Someone should care, maybe not you....: a movie to watch .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Someone should care, maybe not you....

My thoughts on many things including the army, war, politics, the military corrections system, chaos, life, books, movies, and why there is no blue food. Feel free to comment on what I say. Feedback is nice.

My Photo
Name:

40+ year old former teacher, linguist, interrogator, soldier, and lastly convict. We all do stupid things every once and awhile. I am an economic conservative and a firm believer in civil rights. Starting a new life now and frankly not sure what I am going to be doing.

07 January 2006

a movie to watch

Ok, I don't often do movie reviews. But I found a good one on DVD last night. I will give you advance warning. It is French. In French. ( I don't know if there was an English language track or not, I just went with the subtitles.
It is called Empire of the Wolves, it has Jean Reno as a VERY VERY bad cop (the guys on The Shield don't hold a candle, Jocelyn Quivrin plays a good cop, Arly Jover plays an amnesiac with a secret. Despite all of the requisite French art film bit it is an EXCELLENT movie. NO, I am not going to review the plot for you, it is better to go see if for yourself. It has more twists than a mountain goat trail.


On a totally different topic, here is the entry of a soldier in Iraq that EVERYONE MUST read. Pro war, anti war, it doens't matter. It shows a bit of the mental moment that that soldiers have in war. READ.
Welcome to the warII

2 Comments:

Blogger Stephalupogus said...

so is it still at home? and when can I watch?

1:26 PM  
Blogger The Zombieslayer said...

Anything with Jean Reno is going to be good. One bit of credit I will give the French is they're 2nd in the world in producing good movies. they put a good one out about once a year. We put out four.

9:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home