a Someone should care, maybe not you....: Ironbeer .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Someone should care, maybe not you....

My thoughts on many things including the army, war, politics, the military corrections system, chaos, life, books, movies, and why there is no blue food. Feel free to comment on what I say. Feedback is nice.

My Photo
Name:

40+ year old former teacher, linguist, interrogator, soldier, and lastly convict. We all do stupid things every once and awhile. I am an economic conservative and a firm believer in civil rights. Starting a new life now and frankly not sure what I am going to be doing.

09 February 2006

Ironbeer


Enough of politics for awhile, I found a new drink. Ironbeer, which is not beer but is a soda. This is a soft drink that originated in Cuba in 1917. In 1960 after Castro took Cuba the company emigrated to Miami where it is still based. It is a sweet somewhat fruity drink, I think it has a bit of Cream soda flavor although others disagree. At any rate it is good. Give it a try if you can find it. Look in Hispanic groceries or maybe some of the "gourmet" grocery chains. Or maybe Trader Joes or World Market. There are even a few online place you can order it.*


*Mexgrocer
CafeCubano

3 Comments:

Blogger Mahndisa S. Rigmaiden said...

02 09 06

Well Shucks Exmi: You learn something different every day. I think I will try it. There is a very large Hispanic population in the Valley and although they are mostly Mexican, there is some tie in with beverages. My favorite is Agua de Tamarindo. Do you like that:) Have a nice day btw:)

5:51 PM  
Blogger exMI said...

I have tried various Tamarind drinks in the past. They are ok.
Glad to help you find new things....

9:41 AM  
Blogger The Zombieslayer said...

I'll keep an eye in Trader Joe's for it.

12:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home