a Someone should care, maybe not you.... .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Someone should care, maybe not you....

My thoughts on many things including the army, war, politics, the military corrections system, chaos, life, books, movies, and why there is no blue food. Feel free to comment on what I say. Feedback is nice.

My Photo
Name:

40+ year old former teacher, linguist, interrogator, soldier, and lastly convict. We all do stupid things every once and awhile. I am an economic conservative and a firm believer in civil rights. Starting a new life now and frankly not sure what I am going to be doing.

28 August 2006

You may have already heard this but Hassan Nassrallah, the head of Hezbollah, has declared that if he had known that it would cause a war he wouldn't have ordered his fighters to capture the two Israeli soldiers that started this whole mess. I just wonder how he could NOT have known. Hamas had captured one soldier and drawn the Israeli army back into Gaza in force searching for him. How could Nasrallah expect less? Add to the capture of the two soldiers the fact that Hezbollah was launching rockets into major cities and it seems kind of like a dare. One that he wasn't expecting Israel to take.

Of course he hasn't released the two soldiers he captured yet so all of this could be just so much talk to make himself look better. I rather doubt it though. I suspect he was expecting some artillery and maybe a brief raid by Israeli Special Forces. I don't think he was expecting a response on the scale he got. Not that it makes any real difference in the end. He still leads a private army that needs to be disarmed if there is to be any hope of peace in Lebanon.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

It was just one of those Ooops moments. Havent you ever had one of those?

Ooops I probably shouldnt have captured those two soldiers, now look whats happened.

Ya think?

7:09 PM  
Blogger exMI said...

Yeah, I have had those. I tend to refer to them as "Oh shit" moments. A holdover from the military.....

8:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home