a Someone should care, maybe not you....: An interesting couple of days.... .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Someone should care, maybe not you....

My thoughts on many things including the army, war, politics, the military corrections system, chaos, life, books, movies, and why there is no blue food. Feel free to comment on what I say. Feedback is nice.

My Photo
Name:

40+ year old former teacher, linguist, interrogator, soldier, and lastly convict. We all do stupid things every once and awhile. I am an economic conservative and a firm believer in civil rights. Starting a new life now and frankly not sure what I am going to be doing.

18 January 2007

An interesting couple of days....

Well, several things have happened of relative interest. I note with pleasure that the Afghan government has captured a fairly high level Taliban leader and spokesman. Mohamed Hanif was captured with two associates shortly after he crossed into Afghanistan from Pakistan (where of course no Taliban are hiding out according to the Pakistani government). In his interrogations he has already said that the Taliban leader Mohammed Omar is living in Quetta Pakistan "under the protection of the ISI" The ISI for those who wonder is the Interservice Intelligence Agency which is Pakistan's version of the CIA. The ISI funded and supported the Taliban in its rise to power and has resisted orders to cut off its former clients. I personally rather doubt that the ISI is officially supporting Omar but it is quite likely that former ISI leaders and some current ones are privately helping him out. Pakistan of course says that is a ridiculous claim and is certainly not true.

On the domestic front. President Bush has finally given in and the administration says that they will go through the FISA process to get warrants for domestic wiretapping in their investigations of possible terrorist suspects. This is a good thing. The Government must follow both the letter and the spirit of the Constitution. Our rights should not be curtailed, abridged or overlooked in the pursuit of security.

And I would like to thank my cats for leaving me the joyful task of cleaning up the eveicerated carcass of a rat, not a mouse, but a full blown 8 inch not counting the tail field rat, from the middle of my living room this morning. At first I suspect the dogs but frankly, I would have woken up if the dogs had gone rat hunting during the night, they tend to get noisy and things would have been knocked over. The rat also would have been much chewed instead of neatly gutted with the best(?)parts selectively eaten and the rest arranged ornately in the center of the floor. I'm just glad I didn't step on it.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What, no pictures of the food this time?

4:49 PM  
Blogger exMI said...

LOL. I'll be honest it was too early in the morning. I didn't even think of taking pictures until I had tossed the remains outside.

6:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was getting ready for school one morning a couple of years ago and as I was getting out of the shower my husband came into the bathroom and said "Just go back to bed Honey. You do not want to go downstairs this morning."

And what he described was pretty much what you described, but I didn't have to see it. I married well.

9:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks a lot for what You are doing!Information, that I managed to find here
is extremely useful and essential for me!With the best regards!
David

11:04 AM  
Blogger opit said...

The protests of Pakistani "Injured Innocence" are taken with considerable salt by me as well. Running around Afghan websites gives the lowdown on a European inspired border change in Pakistan's favour : good basis for not letting an Afghan government become too competent.

8:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great job done, keep it up!with the best regards!

1:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home