a Someone should care, maybe not you....: Searching and stuff .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Someone should care, maybe not you....

My thoughts on many things including the army, war, politics, the military corrections system, chaos, life, books, movies, and why there is no blue food. Feel free to comment on what I say. Feedback is nice.

My Photo
Name:

40+ year old former teacher, linguist, interrogator, soldier, and lastly convict. We all do stupid things every once and awhile. I am an economic conservative and a firm believer in civil rights. Starting a new life now and frankly not sure what I am going to be doing.

20 December 2006

Searching and stuff

People periodically ask me if I think the Google Ads are worth it. The answer to that is of course yes. Why? Well, because it is really free money. I mean I spent 5 minutes something over a year ago copying some code from one website to another and since then the money has been, well rolling in isn’t the right description. Trickling might do it. Oozing is probably more accurate. Although since they don’t cut you a check till you have $100 of revenue it seems more like a surge. I have received on such check and the last time I checked was something beyond halfway to another. So I really made $100 for 5 minutes work. It just takes awhile to add up. So if you are wondering if you should do the Google Ads, it certainly doesn’t hurt. Speaking of Google and similar search engines, I am rather amazed by the number of hits I get through them. Seriously, I think I have about 8 fairly regular readers of whom three are family and three others are close enough friends to nearly be family. (there may be more out there but I kind of doubt it, feel free to correct me) I used to have more but considering my irregular posting I am lucky for the readers I have. Now, despite the rarity of regular readers, my blog is actually on an upswing in readership. I get a lot of one time hits from the search engines and I am rather surprised at the things people are searching for when they come in. Lately, no big surprise I am sad to say, I have been getting a lot of hits on the word “Transvestites”. As a regular hit generator I get a few each month on “Sweetzal’s Spiced Wafers” which I used in a few recipes. I get hits on “Camp Udairi”, “Kuwaiti Lizards”, and “Iron Beer” with fair regularity. I get a lot of random hits from searches containing the word “someone” and have come across a few where people are searching for “exmi”. (There is surprisingly enough another “exmi” out there but he posts in Russian so I have very little idea what he is about). My political posts rarely seem to draw much search engine fire. I have been at this long enough though and with enough variety in topics that I can come up in a variety of places. This blog certainly hasn’t gone in the direction I really expected it to when I started it but hey, it is still a going concern which is more than I can say for many of the blogs I came across when I was starting. So I must be doing something right.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

And you still haven't talked about why there's no blue food,

12:29 PM  
Blogger Forzavryheid said...

(Sigh)

I have "Adolf Hitler Michael Schumacher Morph" as a number one hit generator.

HOW DID THAT HAPPEN??

1:44 PM  
Blogger Forzavryheid said...

In over a year, I have made 96 cents through Google Ads.

THANK YOU GOOGLE!! : )

11:44 AM  
Blogger Gunngirl said...

I haven't been here in a while, but had to stop by to wish you a Merry Christmas!

4:05 PM  
Blogger Forzavryheid said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS EXMI!!

Hope you have a good one!

2:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas, my friend!

1:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi exMI !

I think I found your site through Adrian's blog via a comment you made.

Anyhow, wanted to comment since I stopped by : )

Interesting search words leading to your site there! haha - It's not the path they take but where it leads them I suppose ; )

Take Care!

Michael-From-The-Future!
QUESTION of the DAY !

4:15 PM  
Blogger exMI said...

Welcome Michael from the future.

Adrian, I must get better ads than you do. :)

And thanks to all posters.

9:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home