a Someone should care, maybe not you....: Double tapped...... .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Someone should care, maybe not you....

My thoughts on many things including the army, war, politics, the military corrections system, chaos, life, books, movies, and why there is no blue food. Feel free to comment on what I say. Feedback is nice.

My Photo
Name:

40+ year old former teacher, linguist, interrogator, soldier, and lastly convict. We all do stupid things every once and awhile. I am an economic conservative and a firm believer in civil rights. Starting a new life now and frankly not sure what I am going to be doing.

02 May 2007

Double tapped......

Ok, so I've been hit twice with the Thinking blog thing. I really should be flattered considering how little I have been posting lately. Shot number one came from The ZombieSlayer, and then I got one from The Blue Girl. which I'll be honest sort of surprised me because we haven't been on really good terms lately. She points out that we differ WIDELY on the War in Iraq. And even though we agree on many other things that one has sort of risen to fore lately.

but at any rate, I guess I can't put this off any more so I'm looking for 5 blogs that make me think. To start off with, if you don't read ZS and BG you should. But I'm not going to back tag them for this.

1. Mental Meanderings This blog is VASTLY under read. More of you should go. It is fairly spotty in updating but the writing is good, the opinions are well thought out, and topics vary widely. Make it a regular stop.

2. The Deep End of the Pool Jen is a refreshing writer. A younger person who is sincerely asking questions and offering opinions. At time she may seem a bit naive to us cynical old folks but that is good. It is a sure sign that she hasn't been corrupted any any of the professional thought shapers of the world. Always a good read.

3. Appalachian Patria. A self professed hill billy from (surprise) Appalachia serving in Iraq. He is winding down his tour and is eager to come home. Seems like he is burning out a bit but I can understand that. I've been there. Go back and read the old posts. There is ALOT of good stuff about Iraq and his life at home to be found. Highly recommended.

4. The Big Lizard This is a recent find for me. Sort of a diametric opposite of Blue Girl. I'll be honest, I am still not sure about this one. (I have a basic distrust of anywhere that makes me register to leave a comment) But it is worth checking out every once in awhile.

5. Hard to say here actually. I am sort of in a toss up between Saurkraut, UWL, and A Red Mind in a Blue State.

All three are good and I enjoy them.

there are a couple of honorable mentions that would have been up except the writers have pretty much quit. Both were soldiers in Iraq and were very interesting to read.
A. Big Expensive Animal
and
B. The Dreadcow

Go and read them both.

7 Comments:

Blogger Blue Girl, Red State said...

Perhaps this has something to do with the fact those bloggers have dropped off precipitously.

Something else to make me livid...

10:18 PM  
Blogger exMI said...

While I grant you the crack down is pretty damn foolish I have been expecting it. But the reason they have dropped off is because they have both come home and find there is a lot less they want to write about.

9:38 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

WOW...I have made the big time now.
: )

Thank you exmi... but what do you mean niave? I just like to see the glass as half full. lol

3:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, you think there actually is a glass? That's naive right there!

(See, it's all a sham. As long as They can get you to argue whether the glass is half full or half empty, you won't realize that They made off with the glass a long time ago...)

6:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks! I think I found Jen through you and am very pleased. I'll have to check out Blue Girl.

Actually, no, I take that back. I think I found Jen through Scott Bob. Well, either you or Scott Bob.

11:04 PM  
Blogger exMI said...

Jen, you are still wonderfully uncynical about the world. I appreciate it.

3:47 PM  
Blogger United We Lay said...

Thanks for the mention!

12:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home