a Someone should care, maybe not you....: Green .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Someone should care, maybe not you....

My thoughts on many things including the army, war, politics, the military corrections system, chaos, life, books, movies, and why there is no blue food. Feel free to comment on what I say. Feedback is nice.

My Photo
Name:

40+ year old former teacher, linguist, interrogator, soldier, and lastly convict. We all do stupid things every once and awhile. I am an economic conservative and a firm believer in civil rights. Starting a new life now and frankly not sure what I am going to be doing.

27 March 2007

Green

Have you ever considered the color green? What is it? What does it look like? I know, I know, we all know what GREEN is. But really, is what I think of when I say green the same as what you think of? Is it the pine needle or the oak leaves? Grass or blueberry leaves? I was sitting today in a rocking chair on the dock overlooking the hole that should be a pond on my property. As I sat supposedly reading my library book (God’s War, a New History of the Crusades) I was noting all the different shades of green in the trees around me. It can be a bit boggling to actually consider how complex something as simple as “green” is. It is like the little bit of linguistic folderol about Eskimo’s having 100 words for snow. (To which I have always said, “So what?” If you have ever lived in Utah ski country they have a hundred words for snow too. Many of which shouldn’t be printed in public places.)

Some evening when the air is clear, step outside onto your lawn, or go to a park, sit back, relax, and just look around at ‘Green”.



On a different note, I have been having some issues ever since switching to the "New" blogger. Not the least of which is a massive upsurge in comment spam. Interestingly enough it doesn't show up on new posts. It is almost exclusively on old ones. I really REALLY hate character recognition things but I may have to set one up. Blech.

Also, some of my links died. I have repaired them but at least one keeps going out again. If you click a link and it is dead let me know.

Please feel free to shop Amazon.com by clicking the link at the top left of my page. By doing so you will make a few pennies for me and I will be greatly appreciative.


5 Comments:

Blogger opit said...

I shouldn't be smug - but have almost zip for problems with comment spam. You know I've been on WordPress for over a year and am quite tickled with it.Plus the price is right. They are on about their fourth generation of a widget to import from Blogger. just sayin'.
Still. Akismet is the freeware doing my spam filtering. Maybe it works with Blogger.

3:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like spring fever has hit at the exmi compound.

SS

5:31 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

I currently miss the color green, even though we have a little here right now.

I no longer have a problem with spam either.

7:44 AM  
Blogger exMI said...

From what I recall of Iraq it wasn't very green unless it was compared to Kuwait in which case it became a lush paradise.

10:31 AM  
Blogger thecutter said...

http://peacepalestine.blogspot.com/2007/04/narciso-silvestrini-deceptive-colour.html

11:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home