a Someone should care, maybe not you....: Let's see if it works..... .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Someone should care, maybe not you....

My thoughts on many things including the army, war, politics, the military corrections system, chaos, life, books, movies, and why there is no blue food. Feel free to comment on what I say. Feedback is nice.

My Photo
Name:

40+ year old former teacher, linguist, interrogator, soldier, and lastly convict. We all do stupid things every once and awhile. I am an economic conservative and a firm believer in civil rights. Starting a new life now and frankly not sure what I am going to be doing.

07 April 2007

Let's see if it works.....

Well, folks, if you never see me again you will know that my latest experiment in self reliance failed miserably. (probably failed with a bang too)
I just rebuilt the brakes on my vehicle. Last week they underwent a not quite catastrophic failure. (only because no catastrophe occurred). It is kind of exciting though to push on the brake pedal and have it go all the way down with no appreciable slowing of the vehicle. but stopping was done and then later a very early in the morning drive was made from the parking lot where I left it to a place where it could sit till I got it fixed. I have just finished replacing the rotor, the caliper, the shoes, and incidentally repacking the bearing grease. IF it fails I will probably die in a smashing blaze of glory. IF not I'll be pack to post again later.

As a prelude to a future post, In what state are the NRA and the ACLU actually working together on a case? Answer: Texas. Where else? Why? Check back later.....

9 Comments:

Blogger Stephalupogus said...

Good Luck and God Speed.
May you life to tell another tale.

1:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Was this more or less exciting than the time the shifter came off in your hand on the freeway?

5:22 PM  
Blogger opit said...

Just so's you know how to 'bleed' the system.

9:37 PM  
Blogger exMI said...

Considerably less exciting than the shifter coming off in my hand.

And the brakes were bled.

9:16 AM  
Blogger A Red Mind in a Blue State said...

I tried to change the timing on my car once, and had the engine seize-- good luck!!

10:34 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

I know Im young here and a girl...

But didnt you notice the grinding metal to metal sound way before you realized you had no brakes?

I suppose if it were a bad caliper though you wouldnt have that noise before you crashed..So how did it go?

And not to sound selfish here..But I believe you promised me a vent or two with possible baked goods...So you really need to stay in one piece.
*grin*

3:40 AM  
Blogger exMI said...

Aa grinding noise started about a week before and I thought "Damn, I need to replace my brake pads". Interestingly enough when I took it apart one brake pad was completely gone. Not sure how that happened but that was what settled the issue.

As of now the brakes are working fine. Baked good are available.

8:19 AM  
Blogger The Zombieslayer said...

Good luck getting your vehicle fixed. I now make enough money that I'd rather pay someone else to do it. I hate working on cars.

3:47 PM  
Blogger exMI said...

The car is fixed and working fine. Now on to the next disaster.....

4:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home