a Someone should care, maybe not you....: Found in the yard (Arachniphobes beware) .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Someone should care, maybe not you....

My thoughts on many things including the army, war, politics, the military corrections system, chaos, life, books, movies, and why there is no blue food. Feel free to comment on what I say. Feedback is nice.

My Photo
Name:

40+ year old former teacher, linguist, interrogator, soldier, and lastly convict. We all do stupid things every once and awhile. I am an economic conservative and a firm believer in civil rights. Starting a new life now and frankly not sure what I am going to be doing.

20 August 2007

Found in the yard (Arachniphobes beware)

Garden spiders. I have two of them. One on the screen door of my back porch and the other on the hydrangea bush in the front yard.
These would be enough to send certain friends of mine screaming for the hills. Personally, I think they are cool.

Back door spider:




Hydrangea Spider:

4 Comments:

Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Here we call them "Writing Spiders" and they are supposed to bring good luck. You've got two!

5:47 AM  
Blogger Three Score and Ten or more said...

I didn't have a camera, but when I looked up from water aerobics in our pool, I had a similar spider, about two inches in diameter paddling along beside me in the water.. I splashed him out onto the bank. I don't care if he is good luck.

6:47 PM  
Blogger The Zombieslayer said...

I am the official spider killer for the house. As long as they're outside, they're fine. But since Mrs. Z is allergic to spiders, I have to kill them if they come inside the house.

Once, I was playing hide and seek in Colorado and saw a huge red spider. It was entirely red. Ugliest thing I've ever seen. I went and hid elsewhere.

3:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm just getting over a spider bite this past week, so they're out of favor at the moment.

6:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home