a Someone should care, maybe not you....: God's Loan .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Someone should care, maybe not you....

My thoughts on many things including the army, war, politics, the military corrections system, chaos, life, books, movies, and why there is no blue food. Feel free to comment on what I say. Feedback is nice.

My Photo
Name:

40+ year old former teacher, linguist, interrogator, soldier, and lastly convict. We all do stupid things every once and awhile. I am an economic conservative and a firm believer in civil rights. Starting a new life now and frankly not sure what I am going to be doing.

25 May 2007

God's Loan

It seems that God wants to loan me money.


I'll be honest I'd rather have him give it to me. Maybe let me find a lottery ticket and win. but hey, I can see a loan. Teach me some responsibility. He does seem to be making this a bit complicated though.


I'll be honest I haven't opened the envelope yet to see if it actually has a holy hankie in it. I am also vaguely curious as to what interest rate God will charge for a loan. I do know from reading the Old Testament that every seven years debts should be forgiven so it can't be a very long term loan. (Ever noticed how those "We believe every word of the Bible folks seem to miss that little part?)

Oh what the heck, let's open it and see......

Ah he is not loaning me money, he is loaning me the holy hankie which I am supposed to write my name on and put it in a Bible and sleep on it tonight then open my sealed prophecy tomorrow after sunset and mail the hankie back to the senders with a list of what I need and God will bless me.
Hmmmmm....

Is it really cynical of me to wonder how they are making money off this?

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cynicism Depot, America's #1 Source for All Things Cynical, provides this free sample:

Confirmed mailing lists of particular demographics are valuable, and people will pay for them.

Mailing lists of suckers are especially valuable.

11:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So what forsaken demographic do you have to be in to recieve a holy hankie? :-)

4:25 PM  
Blogger exMI said...

I am not sure. But it seems that I am in it.
Depressing no?

4:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mail the hanky back, and see how much interesting new mail you get.

If you want to liven up the day of the guys on the other end, cough into the hanky and then put as your desired blessing "please God cure my tuberculosis".

11:35 AM  
Blogger exMI said...

I was thinking more of things like "please god, help me get rid of the bodies before anyone finds them...."

6:17 PM  
Blogger United We Lay said...

LOL. I have never gotten a holy hankie. Maybe you should send it in and see what happens.

2:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, instead of that, you could just send me some money. My address is...

11:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, has your money arrived yet? Even the USPS would have gotten it there by now, never mind flights of angels and sweet chariots.

5:12 PM  
Blogger exMI said...

No, I haven't slept on the holy hankie and opened my sacred prophecy yet.

1:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know, some people get their revelations delivered on plates of gold.

You get a handkerchief.

Someone's playing favorites.

6:30 PM  
Blogger exMI said...

LOL... Yeah, but they can't keep the plates of gold either.

9:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home