a Someone should care, maybe not you....: So many things .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Someone should care, maybe not you....

My thoughts on many things including the army, war, politics, the military corrections system, chaos, life, books, movies, and why there is no blue food. Feel free to comment on what I say. Feedback is nice.

My Photo
Name:

40+ year old former teacher, linguist, interrogator, soldier, and lastly convict. We all do stupid things every once and awhile. I am an economic conservative and a firm believer in civil rights. Starting a new life now and frankly not sure what I am going to be doing.

28 August 2007

So many things

There are so many things I could blog on. Gonzalez resigning. Rustam Basayev getting killed. (this is a GOOD thing for those who wonder) Michael Vick and Dog Fighting with all of it's supposed racial issues.(BULLSHIT)

But I'll talk a bit about food and mistakes today. Last Friday I believe it was I was helping cook dinner. The plan was to take some boneless pork chops, sear them in a pan with oil, then remove them from said pan and sautée some peppers, tomatoes, garlic and similar things in the oil then turn the heat down to simmer, drop the pork chops on top of the veggy mess, cover and let simmer for about 25 minutes which would cook the chops through while infusing them with the flavors of the vegetables. While they were simmering I dropped some brown rice into the rice cooker and when all was done, put half a cup of rice on the plate, scoop the tomatoes/peppers/garlic stuff onto the rice and serve with the pork chop. It was very good.

Now, the mistake made. When putting oil into a pan and heating it to seat the pork chop one should remember to A: Not put too much oil in and B: Don't heat it too haot. If you make these two mistakes when you put the pork chop into the oil it splashes and pops all over the place. Or more specifically, on your arm which is out over the pan, having just placed the pork chop in the oil. this results in hopping around the kitchen making hostile sounds. And it leaves marks like this on ones arm (taken 4 days later)



Be careful with hot oil my friends.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ouch!
Not enough to lose a hit point, but definitely bad enough to get some sympathy points with the babes.

Yes. I'm careful with oil. Learned that the hard way. Waited tables for years and I was always buddies with the cooks. A wise man learns from others' mistakes.

9:43 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Ohhh man Im so sorry to see this..But I do miss your cooking : )

ps..you may stop your finger tapping now..I posted. *grin

5:46 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Yes indeed you do!
Fingers tapping....

: )

3:35 PM  
Blogger exMI said...

Let me know when you want to come up and eat some of it......

12:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home