a Someone should care, maybe not you....: Is it unseemly to do a happy dance when someone dies? .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Someone should care, maybe not you....

My thoughts on many things including the army, war, politics, the military corrections system, chaos, life, books, movies, and why there is no blue food. Feel free to comment on what I say. Feedback is nice.

My Photo
Name:

40+ year old former teacher, linguist, interrogator, soldier, and lastly convict. We all do stupid things every once and awhile. I am an economic conservative and a firm believer in civil rights. Starting a new life now and frankly not sure what I am going to be doing.

03 February 2008

Is it unseemly to do a happy dance when someone dies?

Probably. In fact, almost certainly. But I did one last week. I caught the headline that Abu Laith Al Libi had been killed. This made me happy. I never met Abu Laith but I knew quite a bit about him. I spent a great deal of time talking to a young Afghan who he had recruited to attack Americans in Afghanistan. We went over went over how, when, and where he met with Al Libi. We got imagery of the place. We talked about the other Arab who accompanied this young man into Afghanistan from the madrasa where he was studying in Pakistan.
I'm not going to go into a lot of detail about this because I rather strongly suspect that the details are still classified.
Suffice it to say that when I heard he had been blown up I was just a bit pleased.
One more face marked off on the big chart in our old office in Bagram.


..............................................Good Riddance.....................................

2 Comments:

Blogger The Zombieslayer said...

I'll have to look him up, but I have a good feeling that if I knew who he was, I'll be drinking to his death tonight.

1:38 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Evil men with an evil purpose deserve to come to an unpleasent end. I think being blown up qualifies.

Feel free to dance away..I support you.

3:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home