a Someone should care, maybe not you....: The Random Bag of Fun .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Someone should care, maybe not you....

My thoughts on many things including the army, war, politics, the military corrections system, chaos, life, books, movies, and why there is no blue food. Feel free to comment on what I say. Feedback is nice.

My Photo
Name:

40+ year old former teacher, linguist, interrogator, soldier, and lastly convict. We all do stupid things every once and awhile. I am an economic conservative and a firm believer in civil rights. Starting a new life now and frankly not sure what I am going to be doing.

16 December 2007

The Random Bag of Fun

I was reading a webcomic that I enjoy this week (Nukees by Darren Bleuel) when I saw a mention of 'The Random Bag of Fun. So I followed the link to see what it was. But before I tell you what it is, let me tell you the origin of the RBOF. It is part of the celebration of Mr. (Dr.) Bleuel's secular winter celebration Agnostica, a celebration he created in his comic which has taken off to be a(somewhat) recognized phenomena. (At least I have seen mention of it in other places)
The RBOF sounds like something that I may just incorporate into my Christmas celebrations though. Or maybe my birthday or just a random day in August. but the theory is that during the year whenever you seen some small inexpensive (generally $10-$20) item that you think is cool you buy one, wrap it, and put it in the bag. Then, on your designated day you carry your bag around with you and whenever you bump into a friend, enemy, acquaintance, whoever you choose, you invite them to take a package out of the RBOF. You don't know what they get, it isn't planned, it is just fun giving. Frankly, it sounds like a pretty good idea to me.

P.S. Anyone who goes "Agnostica?! That offends me! How dare some secular person establish a holiday in the time period that holds Christmas." Needs to blow it out their ear. If you can't allow others to have their celebration you are no better than those who keep trying to limit Christmas. And really, I suspect Christ would have approved of the RBOF.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, seeing as how Christians dared establish a holiday at the same time as an existing religious holiday -- and deliberately so, to hijack it for their own -- they don't have much room to complain. Turnabout is fair play.

10:28 AM  
Blogger exMI said...

How true, how true.....

1:01 PM  
Blogger Lia said...

The RBOF sounds like a great idea - I should try that sometime.

6:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home