a Someone should care, maybe not you....: Huckabee has lost me .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Someone should care, maybe not you....

My thoughts on many things including the army, war, politics, the military corrections system, chaos, life, books, movies, and why there is no blue food. Feel free to comment on what I say. Feedback is nice.

My Photo
Name:

40+ year old former teacher, linguist, interrogator, soldier, and lastly convict. We all do stupid things every once and awhile. I am an economic conservative and a firm believer in civil rights. Starting a new life now and frankly not sure what I am going to be doing.

17 January 2008

Huckabee has lost me

Gov. Huckabee has lost me as a potential supporter. I had always been a bit leery of him but he came with some good recommendations from people I trust. I was linked to him by one of those "which candidate should you support programs" that float around the net. And then to top it off he came out in support of the Fair Tax which is an idea I like. (one that would cost me money but I like it anyway.

But he has lost me now. When he starts saying thins like the Constitution should be re-written to conform with God's word he is right out the door as far as I am concerned. MY problem is that I know too many Southern Baptists. Nice people for the most part but their organization keeps coming up with statements that my religion of choice is not Christian. (I am a Mormon) Even in Romney (who I don't support either) started talking like that he would be out my door just as fast.
the Constitution is religion neutral and it needs to stay that way. Just because you, or I, or even the majority of the people in the country feel one way does not justify changing it. The Constitution is the fortress that should protect the minority from the oppression of the majority. (This is one of the reasons I support the ACLU even if I don't support everything they do.)
Huckabee is gone as far as I am concerned. IF he becomes the candidate of the Republican Party I will be supporting the Libertarians again.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"which candidate should you support programs"

Most of those I've seen are rigged to present their favorite candidate as the reasonable one to which the majority of responses map. If you can't see the algorithm that's calculating the responses, I wouldn't trust it.

6:06 PM  
Blogger exMI said...

I have always sort of suspected that. Although I know of a few folks who got different responses.

7:15 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

Not to drag a religous response into a politcal discussion but AMEN!

I dont think the constitution is broken. I think it like the bible has so many people pulling it and stretching its meanings and interpretations that its become watered down and distorted. Just my opinion.

I would like to toss the polically correct-isms out the window. And go back to the basics. Life liberty and the persuit of happiness.

We are not a country whos basic format was based soley on religious belief alone. Why make it about that now?

5:24 PM  
Blogger exMI said...

Well said Jen.

11:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home