a Someone should care, maybe not you....: House Sititng .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Someone should care, maybe not you....

My thoughts on many things including the army, war, politics, the military corrections system, chaos, life, books, movies, and why there is no blue food. Feel free to comment on what I say. Feedback is nice.

My Photo
Name:

40+ year old former teacher, linguist, interrogator, soldier, and lastly convict. We all do stupid things every once and awhile. I am an economic conservative and a firm believer in civil rights. Starting a new life now and frankly not sure what I am going to be doing.

27 March 2008

House Sititng

I am spending this week house sitting for a friend in western North Carolina. Up in the mountains. It is quite nice. I haven't been doing much except playing my newest old computer game, (Hearts of Iron) and watching movies on TV. My friend and his wife took their kids to Disney World and asked me to watch their dog and their salt water aquarium. The dog and I got off to a rough start as he bit me about 1 minute after I got out of the car. I told him that was his freebie and the next time my boot was going doing his throat. I guess he believed me as we haven't had any more trouble. He is a small dog that seems to have swallowed a large dog some time in the past. Or maybe an amplifier. He does not have a small dog bark. His bark is at least twice, maybe three times his size. After 2 days he began to freak out a bit. He would come into the house, go look in the kitchen, the office, downstairs where the kids room is and then come back and look at me with this "What did you do with them?" expression his face.
Today I did manage to lock myself out of the house but luckily for me my nefarious skills are still up and I was able to break in and get the key I left on the counter. then I went to Sylva where I wandered into a little auction/antique shop that just happens to also be the Republican party headquarters. It was great. I bought a whole stack of books, all published in the late nineteenth or early twentieth century for a grand total of $10. I am a happy camper.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

You nefarious? Say its not so. lol

Be nice to the little dog...He maybe the one who warns you when the house is on fire or Timmy falls in a well.

What books did you score?

8:17 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

ps...Is it just me or are you finding the whole Hillary/Obama he said she saids as amusing as I do?

8:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The "Hillary in Bosnia" story is my favorite so far -- especially because an experienced politician like Hillary should know better. Not only was she lying about stuff that's on videotape, she thought she'd get away with the Big Lie defense just by ramping up the claims after she was called on it.

But hey, at least she can single-handedly resolve a thousand years of English/Irish conflict with a 12-hour stopover and lunch with a ladies' club. With mad skillz like that, she deserves to be President.

11:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home