a Someone should care, maybe not you....: My apologies .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Someone should care, maybe not you....

My thoughts on many things including the army, war, politics, the military corrections system, chaos, life, books, movies, and why there is no blue food. Feel free to comment on what I say. Feedback is nice.

My Photo
Name:

40+ year old former teacher, linguist, interrogator, soldier, and lastly convict. We all do stupid things every once and awhile. I am an economic conservative and a firm believer in civil rights. Starting a new life now and frankly not sure what I am going to be doing.

18 March 2008

My apologies

To the few readers I have left out there. (and fewer now than before)I have been exceptionally lazy and distracted and not posting.
My apologies again.
I have a few things that need to be written about though. Today let us discuss the riots in Kosovo. Serbs (for some unknown reason)seem to be unhappy that they have been ripped out of their country and thrown into this new statelet of Kosovo. (you do recall that when we went in we specifically said we were not going to create an independent Kosovo don't you?)So they are protesting and rioting.
And the government of Kosovo says “There can be no compromise when it comes to the rule of law,”. I find that a bit ironic considering Kosovo got it's independence by launching a terrorist campaign of destruction and assassination that provoked a crackdown byt eh Serbian government. A crackdown that went to extremes and provoked a response by NATO and the US. this response wouldn't have happened except that there was a sort of universal guilt for not having stepped in earlier in Bosnia. So for the Kosovar Albanians it is okay to rebel and kill government officials to get what you want but not for the Kosovar Serbs.
Frankly I don't think the US should have recognized Kosovo. I think this is setting a very dangerous precedent as is recognized by Spain and other nations where there are ethnic minority groups that agitate for an independent state.

coming up next "thermoelastic expansion of the brain" and rabidly biased reporting all in one fell swoop.

2 Comments:

Blogger Gunngirl said...

Hi Exmi. Oh, and I don't see anything good happening with that Kosovo situation anytime soon. I'm still hoping for a good resolution to our War on Terror.

7:00 PM  
Blogger exMI said...

HI gunngirl. thanks for dropping by. the WOTs outcome will depend a lot on the who wins the next election.

8:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home