a Someone should care, maybe not you....: caught up in events .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Someone should care, maybe not you....

My thoughts on many things including the army, war, politics, the military corrections system, chaos, life, books, movies, and why there is no blue food. Feel free to comment on what I say. Feedback is nice.

My Photo
Name:

40+ year old former teacher, linguist, interrogator, soldier, and lastly convict. We all do stupid things every once and awhile. I am an economic conservative and a firm believer in civil rights. Starting a new life now and frankly not sure what I am going to be doing.

04 September 2008

caught up in events

I haven't gotten to the article Opit referred me too yet. I have begun gainful employment(as a usurer)and that has cut into my time for stuff like this a lot. But I will get to it soon. I am printing out the article and will wrtie my response off line then upload it.

I hear the Republicans speak last night. I must admit, Sarah Palin impressed me. I still am not very fond of Huckabee but his explanation of why he is a Republican great. Giuliani was an attack dog. Overall I'd say that was a good night for them.
I was I confess disappointed by the NPR commentators. Now Understand, I LIKE NPR. I listen to them all the time. But at the Democratic convention they gushed over speakers. Here they seem very grudging in praise and find fault with pretty much every speaker.
It is going to be an interesting election.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Usurer or loan shark?

8:39 PM  
Blogger exMI said...

Is there a substantial difference?

9:43 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

Congratulations about the job. It is a good thing right? : D

Also I didnt know much about Sarah Palin before she became a option for VP....but since then every time I hear the woman speak I like her more.

Its hard to tell from a few speaches whether she is what she appears or not...I suppose time will tell. But I think she might be exactly what this election needs....its time to shake things up a bit.

9:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the difference lies in how much direct command authority you have over Guido.

1:11 PM  
Blogger exMI said...

Jen- She is certainly shaking things up. Georgia Public radio basically credited her with Obama more or less conceding Georgia to McCain. It will be interesting.

Anon- I am a lowly flunky. Guido is in another dept. (or maybe I am Guido, that is still undetermined)

6:39 AM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

About the Sara Palin woman, she sure has the media wound up, and the Democrats seem to be nervous about her. Even of you don't quite agree with her, she is impressive.

This is an interesting election, it's allot of business as usual, but, interesting none the less. Her presence has made i allot more interesting.

1:02 PM  
Blogger Gunngirl said...

I am learning little by little about Palin. I didn't see all of the Rep. convention but I did hear her talk some. But I have to get more info to really form an opinion. I'm trying to not be biased.

Oh, and I FREAKED OUT when you mentioned Dr. Horrible as I love all things Joss. I paid for the first ep, yes, I admit it. I'm a Whedonite. But go to www.drhorrible.com and click on "Watch Now" and it switches to Hulu.com and you can watch all three parts for free. It's worth it! They're so great. make time for Dr. Horrible!

8:44 PM  
Blogger exMI said...

I'll have to go back and catch Dr. Horrible then.

I have decided that Sarah Palin has one of the most annoying voices in politics.

6:26 AM  
Blogger opit said...

BTW I hadn't said anything about the job. I've worked in a bank and looked at a 'finance company' job after some shuffling around of my life. A guy needs work and sometimes can't afford to look too closely at what he's doing. Damn shame you're not teaching though as I had the feeling you and it were a bit of a match. Any prospects for the future ?

7:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home