a Someone should care, maybe not you....: Late night awakenings..... .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Someone should care, maybe not you....

My thoughts on many things including the army, war, politics, the military corrections system, chaos, life, books, movies, and why there is no blue food. Feel free to comment on what I say. Feedback is nice.

My Photo
Name:

40+ year old former teacher, linguist, interrogator, soldier, and lastly convict. We all do stupid things every once and awhile. I am an economic conservative and a firm believer in civil rights. Starting a new life now and frankly not sure what I am going to be doing.

25 July 2008

Late night awakenings.....

Last night just after 1 A.M. my dogs began barking up a storm outside. They'd bark, stop, start again, stop again, start again. Then they just settled in to barking. Often when they settle in to barking it is the staccato alternating sound that mean, we've got something trapped and we are calling the pack in to finish it. I hate that sound ever since the dog that lives at my house got one of my cats like that. Nearly lost two animals that day. The cat to the dog and the dog to me. but the cat pulled through and the dog learned not to mess with the cats after our boot to butt conversation.
But this wasn't that bark. the dog that lives at my house was in continuous highbark. My dog was in one big bark every three or four seconds. I finally got up and stuck my head out the door and yelled for them to shut up. When I did I heard it, "Excuse me! Hey can you help us?"
Oh crud. Someone was out in my yard or on the road in front of the house. (Treat time for the dogs, they were doing their job)I quickly pulled on a pair of pants and walked out to see what was going on. What I found was two teen age girls who had, according to them, had been put out on the dirt road by a guy and another girl who then drove off. There was something about having been coon hunting which was crap because on of the girls was in shorts and a T shirt and the other in light jeans and a T-shirt. But they had called for help, but the cell had died so they were walking towards the pavement. (which was another half mile beyond my house) they said they were scared becasue the guy who had put them out had told them there were "Blacks who grew weed!" in the area who would get them. (I stood up for my neighbors at this point and called BS on that) But I brought them up to the house and let the one use my cell to call her boyfriend who it turns out had gotten her first message and was less than a mile away at this point. He soon arrived and took the girls away and I went back to bed. About 15 minutes later a car began driving up and down my road madly. Every few minutes it would go by again. I guess this was the first guy and girl now coming back and looking for the pair they had put out now that their alone time was done. Judging from how often they drove by they were pretty desperate to find them too. I rather expected the police to show up sometime during the night,(excon living alone in the country, two lost teenage girls, it could have gotten ugly)but they didn't. I guess the people in the car finally called somebody who said the two were home.
The stupid drama of youth.

5 Comments:

Blogger Brad said...

You're right, it could have gotten ugly. I suppose you should be grateful that the girls weren't stupid enough to get themselves bit by your dogs, and therefore bear a grudge against you. Glad you could do some good, though.

I'm wondering, though, what the girls' *real* story was.

2:59 PM  
Blogger opit said...

People have a stupid sense of funny would be my guess.
I picked up a Brit soldier once between Suffield and Medicine Hat when the squaddies were in town letting off steam - and driving to the base drunk I expect. They had let him off to hoof it not realizing the distance involved ( everything is close in Blighty ) and the place's character as a 'Weather Factory' where things can go to really bad in a big hurry : killing in fact.

4:50 PM  
Blogger exMI said...

I'd guess it was the snipe hunt scenario. Put them out, leave them for awhile so they get scared, pick them up and laugh about it lots. I will give them credit for not sitting there in the woods and crying, they at least made an effort to walk out.

12:18 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

It never ceases to amaze me how truly stupid young girls are and how they continually seem to put themselves in situations where they could find real trouble.

Im not saying that I never did "anything" dumb when I was that age. But I do know that I used to hear my moms voice in my head telling me about concequences for my actions....How could I not...the woman lectured me contantly about it.

But maybe its good she did. They were lucky you are relatively harmless exmi...they could have wound up in far worse shape going up to a house they didnt know.

ps...note I said "relatively" lol : )

3:00 PM  
Blogger exMI said...

Yes, I noticed that relatively. :)

10:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home