a Someone should care, maybe not you....: uggh .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Someone should care, maybe not you....

My thoughts on many things including the army, war, politics, the military corrections system, chaos, life, books, movies, and why there is no blue food. Feel free to comment on what I say. Feedback is nice.

My Photo
Name:

40+ year old former teacher, linguist, interrogator, soldier, and lastly convict. We all do stupid things every once and awhile. I am an economic conservative and a firm believer in civil rights. Starting a new life now and frankly not sure what I am going to be doing.

14 November 2008

uggh

Anyone remember that Billy Joel song where he goes on an on about how crazy his is,and how the girl he is singing to needs that in her life?

One of the lines that I have always remembers from that is "I even rode my motorcycle in the rain...." I used to think,"Big deal, you rode in the rain."
Well if you haven't ever ridden a motorcycle in a real down pour, it is a pretty big deal. Down right freaking uncomfortable in fact. Helmets have not windshield wipes, and they fog up pretty quick. So then you have to crack open the visor and you get rain in the face and at 60 mph that isn't very pleasant either. Add in the fact that it is night and it just makes thing even more fun. To top it off, all of of ones wet weather gear is in a backpack locked in a car, the keys to which were locked in a house where the owners are out of town so you couldn't get it before the rain started. Now you can, but now you are wet. Very wet. Every part of you gets wet. Your shoes are so full of water you couldn't sneak up on an old man with his hearing aid turned off, not to mention the puddles you leave behind at every step.

An evening of fun and adventure. 16 more miles and I'll be home.

4 Comments:

Blogger Anonymous Me said...

I've ridden a bicycle in the rain, and that sucks pretty bad. I can only imagine. But, now the question is, have you been stranded in the combat zone? Have you walked through Bedford Stuy alone?

8:04 AM  
Blogger exMI said...

I never got Stranded in the combat zone. Was always relatively sure a that a helicopter would come and get me eventually.
Bedford Stuyvesant? Haven't even been there. But I have walked down wall street at 1:30 am before.

9:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just so long as you haven't been finding people alone in their electric chairs.

2:49 PM  
Blogger opit said...

I've crashed in fog : though I was young and had gone something like 150+ miles to apply for a job.
Rain and dark and no gear : up here you'd be courting hypothermia at least.
Not fun.

7:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home