a Someone should care, maybe not you....: Twitter .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Someone should care, maybe not you....

My thoughts on many things including the army, war, politics, the military corrections system, chaos, life, books, movies, and why there is no blue food. Feel free to comment on what I say. Feedback is nice.

My Photo
Name:

40+ year old former teacher, linguist, interrogator, soldier, and lastly convict. We all do stupid things every once and awhile. I am an economic conservative and a firm believer in civil rights. Starting a new life now and frankly not sure what I am going to be doing.

14 August 2009

Twitter

I checked the email associated with this blog the other day and found something that surprised me. I had two emails from twitter telling me that people had expressed an interest in following me and inviting me to set up an account and start tweeting. I am flattered to think that someone out there thinks I may have something to say all the time that they would find interesting. But seriously, tweeting???? I mean, unless yu are somewhere where there is a riot, a rebellion, or something happening that NEEDS immediate updating I really see no use for twitter. It really seems a bit narcissistic to me to believe that people really care what you are doing at any and every moment. Especially when there really isn’t that much going on. Now I suppose that I could use it to comment on things I read in the news or hear on the BBC or NPR or whatever that I never get around to putting on here. But since I am usually listening to those at work I doubt my boss would appreciate me grabbing the computer to tweet my feelings to the world. So thanks for the invite guys but I don’t think I will be Tweeting any time soon.

Note: the Russians only have about a day left to start their offensive against Georgia and prove the Chechens right. Of course if it never happens the Chechens can claim that it was canceled because they spilled the beans. And who knows, maybe they would be right.

2 Comments:

Blogger opit said...

Twitter can update people when you add a bookmark to Del.icio.us, make a new post on your blog...on Facebook...or on sites which have arrangements with Facebook to update. It really gets very busy if you mess around in a number of locations.
Many updates are made by cellphone, Blackberries, etc. Once you have a few accounts you notice a lot of activity crosslinking different online facilities. Aggregators seem to think they are 'naked' without monitors linking to social networks.

9:21 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

I have never quite felt the need to tweet....Im not saying I never will...Never is a very long time and who knows boredom can drive a person to do strange things they might not other wise do in a more rational state of mind...sooo

Hope you had a great holiday exmi : )

11:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home