a Someone should care, maybe not you....: Health Care? .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Someone should care, maybe not you....

My thoughts on many things including the army, war, politics, the military corrections system, chaos, life, books, movies, and why there is no blue food. Feel free to comment on what I say. Feedback is nice.

My Photo
Name:

40+ year old former teacher, linguist, interrogator, soldier, and lastly convict. We all do stupid things every once and awhile. I am an economic conservative and a firm believer in civil rights. Starting a new life now and frankly not sure what I am going to be doing.

23 March 2010

Health Care?

Well, I was right. They passed the Health Care bill and now we have to live with whatever this mess turns out to be. I am really curious to see how it works. They are going to require me, on penalty of fines, to buy insurance. Now, if I could afford insurance I would have it already. But I can’t, so I don’t. But I am now going to be required by law to have it. They say there will be a subsidy for those who are poor to buy insurance. I can’t help but wonder how much that is going to be. I somehow doubt it is going to be all, and unless it is all or almost all I am going to have a really interesting time trying to fulfill that legal obligation while paying my mortgage, power bill, gas, and, food and other current expenses on the 12K I make a year.

I really, deep down don’t believe that the government has any obligation to buy me insurance or to require the taxpayers of America to buy me insurance. But I am not such a fanatic about it that I would try and refuse it if they came and said here it your insurance, your covered. But, this hodgepodge mixture of you have to buy it but we’ll help you pay for it just doesn’t seem like it is going to work at all. Color me skeptical.

1 Comments:

Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

You can color me skeptical too. Matter of fact, I know it's going to be a mess.

2:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home