a Someone should care, maybe not you....: Short tonight .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Someone should care, maybe not you....

My thoughts on many things including the army, war, politics, the military corrections system, chaos, life, books, movies, and why there is no blue food. Feel free to comment on what I say. Feedback is nice.

My Photo
Name:

40+ year old former teacher, linguist, interrogator, soldier, and lastly convict. We all do stupid things every once and awhile. I am an economic conservative and a firm believer in civil rights. Starting a new life now and frankly not sure what I am going to be doing.

08 September 2005

Short tonight

Very short, no politics. I am tired of politics. I think I annoyed the heck out of a reader today over on her blog. Sigh. Instead of a rant, or a story, or a recipe, (I would do one of those but I didn't cook today)I'll just post a few links to other interesting blogs.

1. Hooah.net - The Milblog formerly known as the NationalGuardExperience. the poster was a NG soldier over in Afghanistan. Now he is back and still ranting. He apperently became marginally famous over a list of what not to send in a Care Package.

2. Nothing to See here... Hasn't been updated in awhile but it has some real good stories about being an SF operator in Afghanistan. Also some good discussion of issues. but, unfortunetly, not current. No posts since June 12.

3. About Afghanistan an Afghan blog by an Afghan, living in the US. I just found this one so I haven't read alot of it but what I have seems good.

3. Three Score & ten or more The writings and thoughts of a retired theatre profesor, Mormon, puppeteer, and self professed fool. (Actually, he hasn't retired from being a Mormon) I mentioned this one awhile ago but I like it. Still relatively new so there isn't much there yet. His story about a day in elementary school is very good.

4. Shortpacked Not a Blog. A web comic that I rather enjoy. Link goes to the very first strip. Read and be amused. (or realize just how strange my sense of humor must be)

5. Astronomy Picture of the Day Archive Just what it says. An Archive of REALLY REALLY cool pictures.

Well that is enough for now, I'll give you more of my favorite links some other day.
Enjoy!

5 Comments:

Blogger The Zombieslayer said...

Don't feel bad. I'm so sick of politics. It might be a week before I post anything political.

8:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Agreed. Effing politics sucks!

9:51 PM  
Blogger Forzavryheid said...

Dont let anybody else get you down buddy!

Speak your mind and if they get upset its up to them to walk away.

Politics frustrates me immensely, but I cant find the strength to NOT get involved in it. Its like Im addicted.

I'll check your links out now...

2:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So what's the Shortpacked guy got against Batman?

Pretty funny, though.

11:37 AM  
Blogger Stephalupogus said...

I think it is time you went visiting. Mostly cause you have time & I need more to read. (HA!)Though if I have 1 of those mythical free days I suppose I could drive. But go see sfalphageek & his family. See if they have spawned again. Find out why he is no longer posting & if she has one. That sort of thing.

11:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home