a Someone should care, maybe not you....: Breaking news Chechnya .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Someone should care, maybe not you....

My thoughts on many things including the army, war, politics, the military corrections system, chaos, life, books, movies, and why there is no blue food. Feel free to comment on what I say. Feedback is nice.

My Photo
Name:

40+ year old former teacher, linguist, interrogator, soldier, and lastly convict. We all do stupid things every once and awhile. I am an economic conservative and a firm believer in civil rights. Starting a new life now and frankly not sure what I am going to be doing.

13 October 2005

Breaking news Chechnya

Chechen terrorists (and I use that term deliberately) have launched an attack on the city of Nalchik in Kabardino-Balkaria. It seems to have been a mass attack launched against the police and security offices in the city but a school and the city's airport have been caught up in the fighting.
This of course brings to mind the vicious assault on the school in Beslan just over a year ago. This is rapidly becoming one of those parts of the world where folks just kill each other merely for being alive.
Attack

6 Comments:

Blogger exMI said...

Yup, that's the guys. Seriously into major destruction and death. but then, the Russians inflict the same on them so I guess there is some balance.

12:19 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

What a useless waste of life. And, I may be slow, but I still don't understand exactly what their objective is, other than drawing attention to a cause that is unclear to begin with.

5:03 AM  
Blogger exMI said...

hmmm Prehaps I should do a post on the history of the Chechnya situation. It won't be very pleasent reading I'm afraid.

6:04 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

I appreciate your comments on Eddie's blog re: the cigarette tax. Excellent point. Thanks.

1:05 PM  
Blogger The Zombieslayer said...

Chechnya is on my list of places not to visit because they suck.

Please do post a piece on Chechnya's history. You know me. I'll love to read it.

4:30 PM  
Blogger exMI said...

Sigh, something that will take alot of research to do well. Why do I do these things to myself?

5:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home