a Someone should care, maybe not you....: Happiness .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Someone should care, maybe not you....

My thoughts on many things including the army, war, politics, the military corrections system, chaos, life, books, movies, and why there is no blue food. Feel free to comment on what I say. Feedback is nice.

My Photo
Name:

40+ year old former teacher, linguist, interrogator, soldier, and lastly convict. We all do stupid things every once and awhile. I am an economic conservative and a firm believer in civil rights. Starting a new life now and frankly not sure what I am going to be doing.

30 April 2006

Happiness

Leaving the rants, and politics aside, I am happy. Why? Becasue yesterday afternoon I picked the first ripe blackberry in my backyard and ate it. This is a sign of good things to come. My blueberry bushes are laden with soon to be ripe berries, my pear trees have pears growing and the blackberries are already coming in. Joy and good eating is in my future.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

When do we get to see the blackberry cobbler recipe posted?

10:25 AM  
Blogger exMI said...

After enough get ripe to make one of course..... :)

12:25 PM  
Blogger The Zombieslayer said...

Nice.

Waiting for my tomatoes...

10:49 PM  
Blogger Shawn said...

I'm jealous...I used to pick wild berries in Oregon. Most of the time we would just find them out on a hike. Don't have that luxury out here in Wisconsin.

10:23 AM  
Blogger Serena said...

it's the small things in life...

7:19 AM  
Blogger exMI said...

No berries in Wisconsin? I would have thought there would be something up there.

Indeed it is Serena, indeed it is.

I should have planted some tomatos but I didn't. But the strawberry plants I put in have a couple of berries.....

3:04 PM  
Blogger Shawn said...

I reckon there are...but they're not right there in my path like I had out in Oregon.

5:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home