a Someone should care, maybe not you....: Away for a few .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Someone should care, maybe not you....

My thoughts on many things including the army, war, politics, the military corrections system, chaos, life, books, movies, and why there is no blue food. Feel free to comment on what I say. Feedback is nice.

My Photo
Name:

40+ year old former teacher, linguist, interrogator, soldier, and lastly convict. We all do stupid things every once and awhile. I am an economic conservative and a firm believer in civil rights. Starting a new life now and frankly not sure what I am going to be doing.

03 April 2006

Away for a few

I am going out of town for a couple of days again. Off to do some work and try and earn a little money. (curse this capitalist system!) (JOKE)


Before I go though, I must say I was pleased that Jill Carroll renounced the statements she had made right after her release. I remember thinking how wrong it was that she say she had never been threatened when she had appeared on a video tape in tears pleading for her life after her captors said she would be "executed". But all is better now, she has let the truth be known.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

Why is it that at times when people are taken hostage by a person or group that there is this need to publically say...Yes they held me against my will...but I was treated well?

Is this something that a victim feels they need to say? Something the kidnappers want the world to think? What is the point?

The act of kidnapping seems to sort of suggest you aren't a nice person. Why bother?

5:52 AM  
Blogger exMI said...

Welcome back Jen! I have wondered about that, prehaps a bit of the Stockholm syndorome. But Carroll renounced it all as soon as she was safely out of Iraq.

10:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And can you blame her? Certainly, a Hollywood hero would be all defiance. But if it were you with a machete to your neck, might you not just shrug and say whatever was on the script, expecting people to recognize that a statement made under duress is meaningless?

9:12 PM  
Blogger exMI said...

Certainly NOt. IF I was a captive I would say what they wanted me to say (within certain limits)

10:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home