a Someone should care, maybe not you....: What is this? .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Someone should care, maybe not you....

My thoughts on many things including the army, war, politics, the military corrections system, chaos, life, books, movies, and why there is no blue food. Feel free to comment on what I say. Feedback is nice.

My Photo
Name:

40+ year old former teacher, linguist, interrogator, soldier, and lastly convict. We all do stupid things every once and awhile. I am an economic conservative and a firm believer in civil rights. Starting a new life now and frankly not sure what I am going to be doing.

30 August 2006

What is this?

I am actually in the process of writing a very long post but since I am only half way through it here is something to ponder while I finish it.

Can you tell me what this is? Kudos to those who can guess correctly. I'll post a recipe in your honor.



HINT: It is biological.

11 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

Some sort of reptile? Im thinking maybe a lizard more than a snake..

Well how did I do?

7:44 PM  
Blogger exMI said...

Good guess but not correct.

6:35 AM  
Blogger Mental Meanderings said...

A collection of cells, probably wood of some kind under a microscope.

7:27 AM  
Blogger exMI said...

That too is a good guess but not correct MM. The only magnification here was some zoom when I took the picture. The "cells" appear about twice as big as they are in real life.

9:56 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

I had to give it another shot..I get obsessed with puzzles. lol

Wasps nest...or behive?

7:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tree bark was my first thought (hey I'm a botanist) but the texture doesn't look right so I'll go with a turtle shell or wasp nest

5:57 AM  
Blogger exMI said...

Turtle shell is the closest thing yet but still wrong. I'll give you awhile longer to guess or bring in friends to guess.

7:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Armadillo hide?

Scott S.

8:43 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

I agree with Scott S..Knowing your location and the look of it..its an Armadillo...

3:06 PM  
Blogger exMI said...

Scott S is generally right. That was a photo of the inside of an armadillo's shell. The amazing dead animal collecters (aka the dogs, especially the now deceased Beadle) brought one home and this was left. Scott of course had an advantage as he saw the shell lying in my yard last summer......
So what kind of recipe do you want? main course? desert?
Honorable mention to Jen....

7:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

While I don't remember ever seeing an armadillo shell in your yard I did have the advantage of knowing what sort of land you live on. With all that sand and the gopher tortise holes we have seen it seemed that armadillo was a good guess - especailly after I saw similar patterns on armadillo pictures on the net.

As for recipe choice there was never any doubt - desert.

Scott S.

3:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home