a Someone should care, maybe not you....: a short note from a friend.... .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Someone should care, maybe not you....

My thoughts on many things including the army, war, politics, the military corrections system, chaos, life, books, movies, and why there is no blue food. Feel free to comment on what I say. Feedback is nice.

My Photo
Name:

40+ year old former teacher, linguist, interrogator, soldier, and lastly convict. We all do stupid things every once and awhile. I am an economic conservative and a firm believer in civil rights. Starting a new life now and frankly not sure what I am going to be doing.

12 September 2006

a short note from a friend....

I was perusing the blog of a friend of mine and came across his Sept 11 post. a post I deliberatly didn't make.
I am linking it if for no other reason than he has the lyrics for the abandoned verses of the Battle Hymn of the Republic.
go and read.....

friends post

4 Comments:

Blogger Miranda said...

Thank you.

11:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I definitely get the feeling I'm trespassing in another world when I visit you, guy. If other servicemen didn't have similar sentiments I'd think you an aberration.
That song was not homage to anyone known as The Prince of Peace.
But I've known others as loyal to a mindset I can't reach with a barge pole.
Whatever. You might be interested in http://stevegilliardblogspot.com.2006
/09/how-germans-interrogated-allied-pows.html

2:18 PM  
Blogger exMI said...

NO, that song isn't it is written about a more oldtestament style god of justice and judgement. But you know, in Matthew Jesus him self says
""Do not think that I came to bring peace on the earth; I did not come to bring peace, but a sword."
So there is some precendent. I just like readign the verses athat are seemingly out of favor now since they have vanished from the song in recent years.

I tried to read your link but it comes up dead. (stevegilliardblogspot.com) is not found. But if you really want to know how the BEST German Interrogators worked read the Interrogator by Raymnond Tolliver. It is about Hans Scharf who was one of Germany's top interrogators of American pilots. Very informative book. His methods are still taught in the Army interrogation school.

9:25 PM  
Blogger exMI said...

got it to work. Interesting but nothing I didn't already know. Opit, you REALLY need to back through my blog and read the posts I have made on interrogation and torture. I think you would be surprised.

9:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home