a Someone should care, maybe not you....: Thump Thump Thump .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Someone should care, maybe not you....

My thoughts on many things including the army, war, politics, the military corrections system, chaos, life, books, movies, and why there is no blue food. Feel free to comment on what I say. Feedback is nice.

My Photo
Name:

40+ year old former teacher, linguist, interrogator, soldier, and lastly convict. We all do stupid things every once and awhile. I am an economic conservative and a firm believer in civil rights. Starting a new life now and frankly not sure what I am going to be doing.

06 October 2006

Thump Thump Thump

That is the sound of my head smacking against a wall every time I read, hear, or see more drivel about Mark Foley. You know, I really don't care.

On a different topic, I suppose all of you have heard of the Nigerian Scam where they want to transfer money to you and then drain your account? Well I got a new version today from the former lover of Rafik Hariri the assassinated Prime Minister of Lebanon. She wants me to invest money from Hariri's secret account for her and their illegitimate children. I wonder how they expect me to believe that they just chose me at random from all the people out there to handle their money. Of course it works because someone will think, sure, what have I got to lose? Then they lose a lot.

but I thought it was an interesting new twist to to the scam to play this way.

4 Comments:

Blogger Serena said...

How do you get on these lists?

10:35 PM  
Blogger exMI said...

Serena! I was begingin to think you had left the blog world, Welocme!

AS to how I get on these lists I have no idea. I am getting alot now from spain where an Artist needs someone to collect the money for the pieces she sells in the US. Maybe I should post a variety of the good one.

8:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you're on a list with more creative cons, anyway. I still get mostly oil ministers and other corrupt officials from Nigeria or South Africa.

Though one co-worker of mine did get an offer for a really great deal on buying a car in England for 1/4 of its worth. The guys in England were good because they had their own crooked escrow service web site to go with their con.

6:49 PM  
Blogger opit said...

How do you get on these lists ?
They're not pulling the address off my blog or most posts so it has to be from subscriptions. My e-mail client is so backed up with 600 mostly spam entries I can't use mail any more. Best offer to date was 20% commission on 46 million. ( Who says you can't make money blogging ? I wish )

11:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home