a Someone should care, maybe not you....: Wow .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Someone should care, maybe not you....

My thoughts on many things including the army, war, politics, the military corrections system, chaos, life, books, movies, and why there is no blue food. Feel free to comment on what I say. Feedback is nice.

My Photo
Name:

40+ year old former teacher, linguist, interrogator, soldier, and lastly convict. We all do stupid things every once and awhile. I am an economic conservative and a firm believer in civil rights. Starting a new life now and frankly not sure what I am going to be doing.

08 November 2006

Wow

Two in a day but hey, Donald Rumsfeld has resigned at SecDef. All I can say to that is


IT'S ABOUT DAMN TIME!

I really think he should have been canned back about August 2003 when it became glaringly obvious that he had been dead bloody wrong when he Pooh Poohed Gen Shinseki's concerns about how many troops would be needed to pacify Iraq and how long it would take. (more than we have there now and several more years)

Former CIA head Robert Gates has been nominated as his replacement. I expect the confirmation hearing will be brutal.

3 Comments:

Blogger Forzavryheid said...

I agree 100%

12:53 PM  
Blogger Mental Meanderings said...

Good riddance to bad rubbish.

5:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Let"? As I recall, Rummy resigned two or three times, but Bush didn't accept the resignation. That's a bit more than "letting" him remain in office; more like insisting on it.

4:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home