a Someone should care, maybe not you....: Joy in anti-warville .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Someone should care, maybe not you....

My thoughts on many things including the army, war, politics, the military corrections system, chaos, life, books, movies, and why there is no blue food. Feel free to comment on what I say. Feedback is nice.

My Photo
Name:

40+ year old former teacher, linguist, interrogator, soldier, and lastly convict. We all do stupid things every once and awhile. I am an economic conservative and a firm believer in civil rights. Starting a new life now and frankly not sure what I am going to be doing.

15 March 2007

Joy in anti-warville

I haven't been to any of the anti Iraq war blogs today but I am sure
they are, or soon will be, crowing for joy that the Pentagon has admited
that the war in Iraq meets whatever technical standard they have for a
"civil war". They always jump on the bad news with tremendous glee. Or
even news that looks bad but really isn't all that horrible.
People jump on the bad but ignore issues such as the fact that Tribal leaders in Anbar province are now working with the coalition forces against the Al Queda insurgents and those who are "killing people for no reason".

The anti bloggers were gleeful when Gen. Petreaus said there was no military solution to Iraq but they failed to mention the rest of his statement where he called for increased pressure on the insurgents to force them to the negotiation table.

Despite what the American left like to say the war in Iraq is still winnable. A peaceful stable Iraq can be built but it won't happen if we pack up and come home to sulk. And congress raising the surrender banners certainly doesn't help the cause at all.

3 Comments:

Blogger Blue Girl, Red State said...

If - IF you think I derive any joy from any of this garbage, you are nuts and I am personally offended.

This clusterf*** is nothing to celebrate. 3200 dead because of lies does not put me in a celebratory mood.

7:25 AM  
Blogger exMI said...

Well we disagree of course on the whole lies vs just plain wrong issue but I won't go into it again. I'll be honest I didn't notice your mentioning that on your blog at the time so it may not apply. I certainly didn't set out to offend you any more than I suspect you set out to offend me when you refer to those who disagree with you as fucking morons. but sometimes it happens.

10:34 AM  
Blogger Blue Girl, Red State said...

Fair enough.

7:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home