a Someone should care, maybe not you....: Making Money .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Someone should care, maybe not you....

My thoughts on many things including the army, war, politics, the military corrections system, chaos, life, books, movies, and why there is no blue food. Feel free to comment on what I say. Feedback is nice.

My Photo
Name:

40+ year old former teacher, linguist, interrogator, soldier, and lastly convict. We all do stupid things every once and awhile. I am an economic conservative and a firm believer in civil rights. Starting a new life now and frankly not sure what I am going to be doing.

22 October 2007

Making Money

We all try to make a living. I have been trying lately to do so without going through the usual process of getting a job. This is not due to the fact that I have an inherent dislike of jobs, but more to the fact that I am tired of talking to people about jobs, finding them receptive, then watching it all dry up and blow away because they find out I have a criminal record. That is more than a bit annoying. I nearly bought a small convenience store last year, but it turns out that I can’t get a beer and wine license either. And since Beer was the major money maker at the store (next to the owner’s back door loan sharking) not being able to sell any would have put a serious cramp in the money making ability of the store. So I have been trying different things to a varying degree of success. I have cut firewood, done small household repairs, mowed lawns, taught private fencing lessons, sold things on Ebay, and of course what you folks can see, put Google ads on my blog and become an Amazon associate. Just for the record, don’t expect to become rich with those last two. In fact I have received exactly one check from Google for just over $100. At the moment, I have about $6 of credit built up with Amazon. (I’ll get a check at $10) Incidentally, that check from Google was over a year ago and I don’t write enough now to attract enough readers to generate much revenue there.

So, what else can one do? Well, I have taken the route of a home based business. So if any of you are interested in learning how to buy environmentally friendly products that are cost competitive, and very effective, let me know and we can work something out. As an added benefit, you would get to shop at home and have the products delivered to your door thus (not thug as I originally wrote) being able to avoid giving money and time to Wal Mart. And I consider anything that doesn’t cost me a lot of money and can keep me out of that particular level of hell a serious plus.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope this works out for you. It's harder now to work outside the grid than it was just ten years ago. One of my friends served six months in jail and used to have no problems finding jobs in construction or bouncing. The money is considerably less now. Also, fishermen used to make big bucks. Not as much any more as the oceans have been over fished.

So, I really hope this works out for you. I wouldn't discriminate against someone with a record as long as they seem like they're clean now, but I know a lot of folks do.

8:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home