a Someone should care, maybe not you.... .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Someone should care, maybe not you....

My thoughts on many things including the army, war, politics, the military corrections system, chaos, life, books, movies, and why there is no blue food. Feel free to comment on what I say. Feedback is nice.

My Photo
Name:

40+ year old former teacher, linguist, interrogator, soldier, and lastly convict. We all do stupid things every once and awhile. I am an economic conservative and a firm believer in civil rights. Starting a new life now and frankly not sure what I am going to be doing.

02 May 2008

Well, I must say that I am pleasantly surprised by how many people out int he wide world feel like I do about that mess in Texas. Heck, event the Lawyers on Legally Speaking jumped all over this. One of the actually used the word "Nazi" in describing the Texas actions. Not that any of this makes any difference at all. Texas has dug themselves a hole and they are determined not to back out of it. I think a lot of children are going to be hurt, families disrupted, and lives damaged (if not destroyed) and in the end all or most of the children will go back to their families and Texas will end up looking like a state of idiots. Sort of like Arizona did after the 1953 raid which blew up just like this one did. (Which is one of the reason why when authorities in Arizona received a similar call they responded in a much more rational way.)

Oh well.

Coming up: More WEIRD SCIENCE!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why is it that whenever I stop by, you've just made some very provocative comment that I totally agree with?
--Serena (abroad)

7:13 PM  
Blogger exMI said...

Well, either we think alike, (a scary proposition)or I am just so good..... :)

10:12 AM  
Blogger Topcat said...

Hi, Stuart:

I couldn't find an email address so I thought I'd comment:

I avoid politics like the plague in my blog (one of the many reasons it is just a lot of nattering about nothing) because I'd give most people whiplash in describing my politics - I'm amused at how close they are to yours.

I wondered if you were still in the army when all Hell broke loose. I'm glad you are o.k. (and judging by what I'm reading not unscathed - I'm so sorry).

-Sandy

6:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home