a Someone should care, maybe not you....: $1200 or the dog dies........ .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Someone should care, maybe not you....

My thoughts on many things including the army, war, politics, the military corrections system, chaos, life, books, movies, and why there is no blue food. Feel free to comment on what I say. Feedback is nice.

My Photo
Name:

40+ year old former teacher, linguist, interrogator, soldier, and lastly convict. We all do stupid things every once and awhile. I am an economic conservative and a firm believer in civil rights. Starting a new life now and frankly not sure what I am going to be doing.

25 November 2008

$1200 or the dog dies........

Pirates. I was going to write about pirates but instead I am writing about an abscessed spleen, a strong old dog, and a decision.

In the last three week my dog, seen here last February,


began to lose weight precipitously. In and week, she was thin, in to weeks she was bony, currently she is skeletal. So today she got taken to the vet. She would have gone earlier but hey, poverty sucks.

they informed us that she has an abscessed spleen. IN addition she has a very low blood count. In fact it is the lowest they have ever seen in a dog that is still alive. She has a severe infection from the spleen issue. The most severe again that they have ever seen in a living dog. They were very impressed. they say that if I don't have her spleen removed she will be dead in about 10 days. So.... do I hold the dog to my personal approach to health, "GET WELL OR DIE." Or do we go for surgery. Surgery. She is an old dog that I have had for many years and I think I'll keep her around as long as I can.
I can sell off the retirement fund to pay for it. After all, Obama is going to save the world so why should I worry. (It isn't enough to retire with anyway)

Wish us luck.

4 Comments:

Blogger opit said...

Hard times...hard choices.

7:43 AM  
Blogger exMI said...

Not really that hard a choice. It's only money.

9:04 AM  
Blogger Anonymous Me said...

I wish her well.

5:58 AM  
Blogger Jenn Doll said...

Good choice. She's a really pretty girl, too. I've been wanting a dog bad lately.

I'm sending my good vibes her way today and hoping she comes out strong.

4:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home