a Someone should care, maybe not you....: Another Opinion on Ms Miers. .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Someone should care, maybe not you....

My thoughts on many things including the army, war, politics, the military corrections system, chaos, life, books, movies, and why there is no blue food. Feel free to comment on what I say. Feedback is nice.

My Photo
Name:

40+ year old former teacher, linguist, interrogator, soldier, and lastly convict. We all do stupid things every once and awhile. I am an economic conservative and a firm believer in civil rights. Starting a new life now and frankly not sure what I am going to be doing.

17 October 2005

Another Opinion on Ms Miers.

I really have no strong opinions one way or another about the women as an apointee. But I am interested in what people think and how they express their opinions. Here is a very well thought out oposition to her apointment. Well expressed enough in fact to move me a bit towards his point of view.
Harriet Miers and the Ghost of Alexander Hamilton.

If more people could express themselves like this instead of ranting it would be a good thing.

The poster is a soldier who has just deployed to Iraq. He also has an excellent post on why a draft isn't a good thing. Interesting stuff to read.

1 Comments:

Blogger The Zombieslayer said...

Nice link. Especially liked this line:

Cronyism is bad not only because it leads to less qualified judges, but also because we want a judiciary with independence from the executive branch.

1:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home