a Someone should care, maybe not you....: Transparent Aluminum .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Someone should care, maybe not you....

My thoughts on many things including the army, war, politics, the military corrections system, chaos, life, books, movies, and why there is no blue food. Feel free to comment on what I say. Feedback is nice.

My Photo
Name:

40+ year old former teacher, linguist, interrogator, soldier, and lastly convict. We all do stupid things every once and awhile. I am an economic conservative and a firm believer in civil rights. Starting a new life now and frankly not sure what I am going to be doing.

18 October 2005

Transparent Aluminum

Remember that scene in Star Trek III (?) where Scotty is babbling about manufacturing transparent aluminum to make a whale tank to save the earth?
Well guess what? We are making it now. And testing it as windows in armored vehicles. Stronger and lighter than bullet proof glass.
It is nice when you see sci-fi becoming sci-fact.
Air Force testing new transparent armor

3 Comments:

Blogger The Zombieslayer said...

Cool. How soon until civilians get some of that stuff?

12:57 PM  
Blogger Serena said...

Maybe I'm a complete and total nerd, but this is one of the coolest things I've heard in...FOREVER!
(god, I'm a geek)

3:33 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

I'd heard of this, and I'm so grateful that our military will have that much more protection.

9:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home